3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eyeglass's and trad bows??  (Read 458 times)

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eyeglass's and trad bows??
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
I have variable transition lens in my glasses works like a charm
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline jdemoya

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Ray-Ban shooting glasses frame and single vision prescription has been my winning combination for almost 20 years (I normally wear bifocals). Few years ago I had a new set made with a small spot in the bottom of the glasses for reading and the rest for distance. Now I can wear my shooting glasses all day long and don't need to be switching glasses back and forth.

God bless,

José

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
I have a new (4 month old) set of progressive lenses that I still can't get used to just in normal day-to-day living.  For shooting I just wear my older distance glasses and they work fine.  I tried shooting with the progressives once but found the frame got in the way of reaching my anchor.  It's funny because they don't look like they are any wider than my older pair of distance glasses.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
My Dad was just having the same problem. He also went a got a new pair similar to what you have chosen.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I have worn glasses all my life, bifocals for the past 15 years or so and never had a problem shooting or hunting.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
When I started wearing bifocals about 20 yrs. ago I had a great deal of trouble shooting my bow. I went back to the eye doc to order a pair of distance only glasses. While talking to him he told me the optimum spot to see distance was where the center of the lens was. He suggested I try a sports strap which hold your glasses to your head in position. Problem solved!!  :archer:

Offline outdoorsmanchad123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
hey all cheack out  www.zennioptical.com  for saving abit of coin on vision hardware and lenses,lost a 400.00 pair 2 years ago in the woods while elk hunting(also lost 3 hours of hunting time looking for them)now i have 2-3 pairs in the glove box an extra in the pack and 1 or  2 in camp all starting at around 10.00 a pair

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
How's the quality on those eyeglasses?

Offline outdoorsmanchad123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
not bad, I dont use them for my primary glasses, but for a backup there just fine esp. for the price!they also have various shades of tinting.and other stuff avalible for a little xtra $ but even with all options and my perscription i can buy an break or loose 5-6 pairs for the same price as designer brands avaliable localy

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
Other than really rainy days, when i wear contacts,i wear single vision glasses most of the time for hunting. My biggest gripe is in cold weather and especially if wearing any kind of face mask tht covers the nose, the glasses have a tendency to fog up pretty quickly. Recently I have been using Fog Eliminator cloths on them and have noticed a dramatic difference. I think you made the right choice.
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
I've wore glasses the last ten years.  My present pair is progressive bifocals with all the bells and whistles.   I can only shoot as well as I can see.  That said I need the glasses to miss the the little branches.   Drawbacks facemasks and some limited shooting do to the lenses staying dark from brightness to a shaded area.   Its now face paint and then smudges, this maturing is just not what its cracked up to be!
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
It's Tri-Focals for me... Took some time to grow comfortable with them, but it is good to see well at all distances... As long as my nose is pointed where I need to see, all goes well. Stairs and ladders  :eek:  are tricky but for shooting my bow, they are great.

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
I'm waiting on delivery of my first pair of progressives. It took me a while to get used to shooting with glasses, I hope that doesnt repeat itself.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
I'll have to admit Zenni optical makes some good glasses. I have 4 friends that have ordered around 6 pair each, and all say they are just as good and in some cases better than their $400 - $600 glasses.

Two of them bought single power glasses for $8 a pair and say they are the best they have ever owned.
They are well worth trying out and you can't beat the price. I bought a pair identical to ones I paid $620 for at Wal-Mart vision center, and they only cost $72 at Zenni! Can't tell the difference between them!

Been considering ordering a pair for distance only to try for shooting, but at the moment I'm
thinking about getting contacts. The Dr. says my prescription has changed and he thinks contacts would be best for solving all my issues now.
So I'm considering.

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
I think you are  going the right route. That's what I did more than 25 yrs ago and have never been sorry. Just be sure to carry your bifocals in your pack if you need them for trailing etc
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
progressive tri-focals here, with auto tint.  no problem-o for any kinda shooting - 'cept in wet weather!
Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rightminded

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
Have worn progressive lenses for years.  No problem until recently.  Must have cataract surgery in the next few years. Getting old is tough.  Dark and up close is the result.

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
I had the Lasic procedure done about 5 years ago.  I had been struggling with bifocals and getting killer headaches from computer work.  My vision was 20-650 in one eye and 20-550 in the other and I had severe astigmatism.  Could not wear contacts.  I elected to have my vision corrected to 20-30.  This left me with perfect near vision and no need for reading glasses, no need for glasses doing computer work and legally no need for glasses to drive.  I still wear glasses for distance but only a very thin .75 diopter correction now for perfect distance vision.  I have not needed glasses to shoot for the past 5 years.

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »
I cannot wear my glasses at 3D shoots or hunting. For some reason I sweat and get overheated easily. Even walking to the stand in the winter I get hot and the glasses start fogging over. I have tried all the anti foggers and stuff. It usually takes an hour on stand for me to cool off and be able to see through my glasses. Missed lots of opportunities because of this. So I started wearing contacts and it may be in my imagination but it seems I can shoot better with the contacts.
PBS  Member

Offline ChetterB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
I am lucky my wife is an Optomitrist assistant. I use progressive Bi focals some times I shoot better though with Distance only polorized sunglasses -- Ray Ban frame. I am going to try distance only transition drive wear in a ray ban frame. This drive wear  I am told is very nice -- yellowish/ brown polorized good for hunting in any light, yet good protection from sunlight. Will recieve them in 4 weeks let you know how it works out, thanks Jerry.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©