3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best Hunting Chair...HuntMore !!!!!!!!!  (Read 983 times)

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best Hunting Chair...HuntMore !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
I to have sent an email about the "free upgrade" and have never heard a word.
My buddy had a bolt break on his while sitting in it and twited the U yoke all up. The yoke as well as the bolt should be replaced. He has left several voice mails and several emails with Huntmore and has had no response.
It is a very good seat but........
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
Yep, I have hunted with it and found a couple noises, more in the backrest. In fact, the stitches broke on 2 so far. Then I was given the PARTIAL upgrade at KaZoo with minimal instruction. When I e-mailed for the rest of the upgrade, no response. I hope they are so busy that it is just taking time. I sure would like to have it fixed by September though.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
My buddy who convinced me to buy this seat has been waiting since Kzoo to get his upgrade clips (he told me yesterday) and has heard nothing.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
was going to buy one but will wait to see if you guys end up happy or not. Customer service seems to be really lacking.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
Which is surprising because it started out phenomenal. I've been waiting for detailed videos on the website  and they haven't gotten there yet. They have picked up some bigger accounts though so maybe they are tooling up for production. I'm sure all of us waiting will receive the fully assembled upgrade to make up for our waiting    :readit:

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Scott from Huntmore told me last month that he wouldn't have more upgrade kits in stock until sometime in June.
I will hopefully be talking to him in a few weeks, I will pass along your concerns.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
While getting ready for turkey season this spring, I noticed that I had lost one of the knobs for the adjustible legs.  Sent Huntmore an email asking if I could purchase another knob.  Had an email within a few days saying they would send one out.  I didn't know anything about the upgrade kit - but they sent the whole kit.  You will be happy with it when it arrives.
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
I do like the seat, but haven't figured out how to quiet the "groans," mostly from the back components, when I shift my weight in the chair.  I've added neoprene washers wherever there was metal to metal contact.  Tried loosening and tightening the bolts.  Better, but still some squeaks.  I think most of the noise is coming from the joints where the seat back poles are joined to the lower elements of the chair.

Received an upgrade package a while ago.  Contained three new larger thumb screws for the leg adjustment bolts and two metal clips for the nylon belts.  By affixing one of the clips to the belt that holds the back of the chair taught, it eliminates the need to thread the nylon strap through the u-clamp and back through the tightening bracket.  Just clip on the u-clamp and tighten.  

Could affix the other clip to the end of the strap that's woven through the opposite u-clamp, but don't see any advantage to doing so.  

Clips like the two provided could also be used for each of the seat corners to speed set up.  Would just be a matter of clipping them to the u-clamps and tightening.  No threading of the nylon straps through the u-climps and back through the tighteners.

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
So, I'm probably picking up a pair of these for me and my fatherinlaw......what's the final word on these chairs? I'm sick of the "just the wrong height" chair, and the "no back rest kills your back" and the patented "can't swivel, missed your buck" models of ground blind chairs. The price isn't scaring me but creaky groaning chairs sure do!

Maybe lighter hunters might experience less creaking?
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
If you buy one/two insist that it is the upgraded model.

Offline Tomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
I 've noticed that out in the field/woods if your seat is not level it can induce some squeaking.

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Scott at Huntmore is a good friend of mine (15 plus years). I know he has been kayaking in Lake Superior, he just got back on Wed or Thrus.If you have emailed him during that time give him a few days to respond. Or if you want PM me with what your needs are, and I will get it taken care of for you.

chris <><

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
Orion, Scott will be at Compton's. If your not going, I can take your stool and have Scott look at it. I know that he will either fix it or replace it. He wants all his customers to be satisfied.

All of the new stools come with the upgrades, that's why I'm waiting for the kits for the two stools I have in stock, I don't want to sell them until I have the kit. I have also found by rubbing some paraffin wax on the joints, washers and straps that it has eliminated any noise issues that I've found.

The Huntmore 360 has a 10 day money back guarantee, so don't be afraid to give one a try. I've got two in my shop that I loan out, so guys can give them a test drive before they buy one.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
I'll check the chair out. I was pretty excited about early enthusiasm in this post until the "groaning" comments appeared. Now I'll have to tread a bit lightly on this decision. I appreciate the honesty of folks on this site.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
I sat in one todayat a Longbow Association meeting for about 4 hrs, and I pray I never have to sit in another again.  It to me was just like one of those bag chairs.  I kept having to shift my weight to get comfortable, and to me that just equates to movement an animal can pick up.  I'm gonna continue my search, there has to be a more comfortable one out there.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Man I would hate to sit in a 4 hour meeting, but I made over 4 hours in my blind in this chair. Did you adjust the leg height and lumbar support?

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
Grapes
If you sat in the Huntmore for 4 hours and you where uncomfortable, I would hate to think how you would feel after sitting that long in another stool?
We all have differing opinions, so good luck in your quest for the perfect stool.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
I had no idea there was adjustments on the chair or I would have played with them.  Maybe during the next one I will.  I've sat all day leaned up next to a tree in Michigan's Upper Penninsula, and found it more comfortable than this chair.  Knowing now that it has some adjustments, I will monkey with them if I'm offered the chance again.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
"Best" hunting chair is pretty subjective.  For a hunting chair to be "best", in my opinion it needs to be light, packable, comfortable, quiet and affordable.  Not sure the Huntmore meets any of those requirements other than comfortable (again, that's subjective).

To compare to a couple of other options:

Huntmore (H), Torges tree seat (T) and Wally World folder (W)...
             H    T    W
light        no   yes  no
packable     no   yes  no
comfortable  yes  no   yes
quiet        no   yes  yes
affordable   no   yes  yes

I dunno...

Edit - bah, that doesn't line up well but you get the idea.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
I got one last fall and all I can say is " It's better then sitting on a cinder block  , Five Gallon Bucket, hickory stump or a toilet bowl when the seats up!  :eek:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©