3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are there moose in PA?  (Read 283 times)

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
Are there moose in PA?
« on: March 24, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
not a season, but does anyone know if they are there, just curious!?
~Chris Shelton
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"~Ben Franklin

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are there moose in PA?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
To the best of my knowledge, for what that's worth, there aren't any.  You have to go up into New England to find them in this general part of the country.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
There were some breeding cows in CT but they dont usually survive too long down this far.Cars, ticks, poachers and brainworm kill the off pretty quick.They get brainworm fron whitetails.I wouldnt be suprised to see one wander down that way though.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
There was a girl in my high school named "Tank", but I don't recall a "Moose". A couple of them were certainly big enough though.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Red Beastmaster:
There was a girl in my high school named "Tank", but I don't recall a "Moose". A couple of them were certainly big enough though.
OH BOY  :biglaugh:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
haha Red - I may know a few of them a little too well - nah there aren't any moose in PA - we have some elk, but no moose.
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  dude you brought tears to my eyes, lol.  

Anyway, in a serious note, I knew you guys had elk, but havent ever heard anything about moose.  I have never been up in northern PA, so I really wasnt sure how "moosy" it looked, lol.  Thanks guys
~Chris Shelton

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
funny  :biglaugh:    :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline Shooty1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
Just elk.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
That just made my whole day better!  Very funny!!!   :biglaugh:
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »
I've seen a few not to long ago near my house.  I'm on the Ct side of the Hudson, and about 60 miles from the Pa border.  I wouldn't say that its out of the realm of possibility.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Online Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Had the district game warden at are last club meeting night,I don't really remember how it came up,but he said there have been verified moose sightings up north,didn't say where or how many though.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
I cant count the number of times we have had moose here. Im about30 minutes south of Albany NY. Not too far...Sean B. is even closer.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Traditional-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Got slapped for reading this one, my wife came up behind me while reading I didn’t say a word. All of a sudden I felt the air leave the room. All she said was I know what you were thinking. It’s the menopause thing.
  :smileystooges:
We are what we do repeatedly. Execellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.  

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »
There has been big foot sightings in the Alleghanys but it turned out to be a drunk guy in a fur coat. They also say there are pigs loose but noone has ever seen one of those. Sorry no Moose or Mountain Lions but we have lots of Bears and Turkeys and about 100 deer.

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
Wollelybugger, I hear ya.  I think you and I both can be happy that there are no pigs loose.  I have heard all kinda of crazy stories, one was that they tried to drop rattle snakes from airplanes to reduce the turkey pop  :knothead: .  I have also heard about a ton of pictures and videos of mountain lions, but have never seen anything remotely close to any lion sign.  And those were stories from down south here in Western MD.  Some appalacian folks are kinda crazy(including myself, lol)
~Chris Shelton

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
I grew up in SW PA and there really was a girl nicknamed "Moose" in my school, and the name fit.  Built like her 300# coal miner dad, with a nasty temper, and looks that left a lot to be desired, she would beat the crap out of any boy in school that dared to tease her.....
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline Bluehawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
Come on now  Wolley   you KNOW there are  Mountain Lions  but I agree there are no MOOSE.
  I cornered a " Game Protector" up at Denton Hill about 10 years ago and he confided ( I wont  tell you why) in me,  that as of that time of the year  ( Early august) they had had over 130 CONFIRMED SIGHTINGS  of the lions in POtter  ALONE that year .
 Any way im my area of  Bradford CTY  there are no Moose  or Elk

Offline Bozz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
not too many years ago a young bull was tranqed in the Delaware  water Gap area. Game commision, said he probably wandered south from New Hampshire looking for new territory.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©