3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: **LAST DAY** Mar 31 2010**WOOL FELT INSOLES STILL ON SPECIAL at Two Tracks!  (Read 621 times)

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=001056  
We have decided to run this through the end of March. Thank you to all who have ordered so far.
Chuck & Chris
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Up for the day crowd.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
I posted in the wrong spot (I think).

I'm intrigued.  I'm getting new boots for a CO elk hunt in Sept.  Would you suggest the light or Heavi(er) inserts?  My boots are uninsulated and heat as well as comfort are both factors.

Thanks.

jeff

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Jeff,It will depend on how your boots fit. As a rule I would say get the thickest you can fit inside your footgear, and still have a proper fit. Snug is good, tight or loose is bad. Never more true than in the mountains. Heat does not seem to be an issue with most people, as the insoles keep your feet drier. Most of the time it is the moisture from sweat that makes our feet un-comfortable,ie cold or clammy.
Be sure to get some and "Break them in" just like you do with your boots. The insoles will have a bit of conforming to do, to your foot and to the boot. I am not trying for more sales but, when I was guiding in Montana I would ALWAYS have extra socks in my pack and at mid-day I would change them out. If I would have had some felt insoles I would have packed an extra pair of them also. DRY FEET ARE HAPPY FEET! Thank you for the question and please ask anymore that you may have.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
Just bought some thick insouls.  They turned old wornn out combat boots into daily slippers !   Great product, Bhill

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Chuck,

Would these be good for rubber boots like Burleys?

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Steve, That is one of the best spots for them. A rubber boot does nothing better than keep water out...and sweat in. If you add a pair of the thick insoles you will pull the water away from your foot and your foot will feel dry(er). If you take them out at the end of a days hunt,they will dry overnight and you will have just removed several TABLESPOONS of water from your foot/boot. Remember, starting off dry is important, once your foot get wet, the fun is over and the discomfort travels up your legs and body.Thanks for the question.
Chuck
p.s
I am glad you like them Brent, THANK YOU
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Chuck, bring me two pairs - one thick and one thin - of size 9 wide to Compton. Save you the shipping and we'll make it a cash transaction. Thanks bro.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
PM sent Shaun.
Thanks
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Soilarch

• Trad Bowhunter
Folks, if you're wondering about trying felt insoles or wonder if they "work":

The first time I bought and used felt insoles I had 3 words at the end of the day.

"Dad was right."

Steve, rubber boots were the first thing I wore them in.  Lacrosse 1600 gram insulated ones...and they still made a night and day difference.  Those boots leak now (from wear, not puncture) and the insoles are still going strong.
Micah 6:8

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
Chuck,

PM sent.

Phil
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Soilarch, Well said
Phil, Got it. Thanks to all.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Up for the last few days. THANK YOU ALL!
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
Can they be trimmed to make a proper fit to boot?

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
Good morning!!  I will take one pair of heavy and one pair of light insoles.  Size 9.5   Put them with Shawn Webb's, and I will pick them up at Compton's also.   Thanks
Mel Riley

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
And i sent you a pm as well!   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Day Dreamer, Yes they can be trimmed. If you have a special size you like or need, you can send us a trace of an insole from your shoe/boot and we can make it custom.
IRISH, PM sent
RASTAMAN, PM sent
Thank you
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
TTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Chuck,

I'll take a couple pair.  If you are going to be around next week during Easter break, I will make it a point to stop out with my boots...

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
I am hoppin john around here now-a-days Steve, You are welcome to stop out but you better call first. What size are your boots? I will have thm waitin for you. THANK YOU.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©