3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Day One Sizing  (Read 391 times)

Offline Jake D

• Trad Bowhunter
Day One Sizing
« on: March 25, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
I have a sizing question about the Day One ASAT wool. I am looking at getting unlined parka and bibs. According to the size charts, I should be a large for both. Gary said I might think about ordering up to XL for both for layering purposes and for climbing up to my stand. I am worried this might be a little too big on me, especially for bowhunting purposes.

I would like to have room for a couple of wool layers (first lite and Day One western shirt) for cold weather, but I also would like to wear the garment by itself for milder weather.

What say you? I am 5-10, 180# with a 34" waist and 40" chest.

I am also looking at a wool western shirt. According to the charts, I am a M or L. Does anyone have any experience with the sizing on this?  How great is the western shrit from Day One?

Thanks, I really appreciate all the help.

Jake

Offline Jake D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Day One Sizing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
up for lunch.

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
I'm 6'6" and 215lb and have XL in the lined wool parka fit is good.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
I always suggest going up in size. One, for sheer comfort, two to be able to layer and three, after a big Thanksgiving, clothing seems to shrink a bit. LOL
And if you plan on keeping them for a long time, over time, people tend to put on 10 lbs more than they lose 10 lbs, regardless of their grand intentions of getting into the shape they were in when they were 20 years old.

I'm 6'2", 210lbs. My ASAT wool pullover shirt is a XXL and my bibs are XXL. Both are great and roomy for layering. I'm glad I did not get XL.

In the ASAT light fleece, I tried an XL pullover shirt, and with my broad shoulders, it was tight. I kept it and gave it to a buddy.
I ordered another pullover in XXL and it's great. In the light fleece, the XL bibs fit great. Keep in mind, this is warm weather gear and there's no layering. But the XXL shirt still was better than the XL for me in the shoulders.

I do have wide shoulders, so that's where the XL was tight.

I also found the crusher hats ran a tad small and the XL's were best, if you wear a full head net/mask that the hat will go over.

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
I'm  5'7,170# and i just got the pullover with insulation and windstop in a large. It fits very snug. If I had it to do over I would have ordered one size up, even though I have never worn a XL before. Kind of snug in the arms.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Jake D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

Anyone have any experience with the western shirt?

Offline Francois

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a DayOne Parka and would like to have your advice on the sizing/fit. Below are my measurements:

Tall: I'm 5'10'' (5,83')
Chest: 38''-39''
Sleeve: 32,7''-33,2''
Weight: 157 pounds

I'm not often in a stand as I prefer stalking and will not put many layers under the parka. What's your own experience: does the Dayone Parka fit tend to be loose or tight ?

I'm not sure which size will fit me the best M or L ?

Thanks for your advices.
Regards

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©