3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Okeechobee next week!  (Read 391 times)

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
Okeechobee next week!
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
Every spring my family goes to Florida to visit my inlaws.  We always get a fishing liscense but only so we can do some bowfishing.  I am ready. We are leaving on 4-1 and driving the 1000 miles and will stay the week.  I got an order today with a couple more fishing arrows and 3 weeks ago I bought a Wing recurve to get another bowfishing rig set up.  This year my 8 year old has his first bowfishing rig to use.  He has gone before but he only pulled fish in..no shooting.  I'm hoping for his first trad kill....fish this time.  My 17 year old son is a seasoned bowfisherman.  I started him about the same age as his younger brother.  We are hoping the gar are plentiful as well as the other species.  Last year the gar were scarce but we had plenty of non-native catfish to shoot at.  I think they are similar to a algae eater, funny looking fish.  We saw 1000s of them and hit a few.  ;)    Are any other trad gangers bowfishing around Okeechobee?  Are you having luck seeing fish?  I'm sure we will see something.  I'll try to get some pics when we go and will post when we get back.

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Okeechobee next week!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
My Father grew up there.  He had lots of great stories of be raised in the Glade.  Someday I would love to see it.  Hunting gators was his job as a kid.  He said there were no paper routes.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Sound real cool.Take lotsa pics.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Yeah, I had the same job as a kid  ;)
DonD

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
I have seen many a gator while bowfishing.  Someday I'm going to get a license to take one.  :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©