3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I am on the road on tuesday morining heading to loredo tx  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I am on the road on tuesday morining heading to loredo tx
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
well i made it back through a major storm yesterday....all the trucks were chaining up for the passes.

another day of 35 mph for a few hours.

Heading out today...south....snowing like crazy in denver this morning.

said goodbye to a new friend yesterday..Tom Clum. Danny and Tommy and his wife Chris were really good to me...and I will miss them.

top shelf ppl...we will keep in touch.

I will be leaving the family I have stayed with too. Dennis and Linda Williams of Linden Engineering (if you need anything mechanical fixed in the Denver area or elsewhere - from TANKS to Landrovers - Mogs - pinzgauers..well I haven't seen anything he can't fix CALL DENNIS.

HE IS AMAZING.

So my trip starts out snowy today, but hopefully as I head south it will improve

Cheers....thanks for all the well wishes.

Jer

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
Well he made it down here this afternoon and we got in a short trip to the lease.  Grand total...3 bunnies, 0 javies
Maybe tomorrow.  And don't believe everything he is going to say about me...I promise you, t ain't all true
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
Well well Alex - you beat me to the punch oh well.

Anyway I had quite a trip from Denver to San Antonio and then on to Zapata.

Met (Amicus) Gilbert in San Antonio for lunch and a brief chat....real down to earth guy for sure.

Talked alot about hunting..my trip so far and some horse stuff.

He gave me a well deserved break from sitting in the car. Got about 4 hours sleep from Denver to Zapata - 1200 miles...

Lots of scenery changes...

This was what it looked like when I started out.

This is just into texas from New Mexico.

Finally arrived in Zapata after talking to Alex on the phone to figure out which route to take here...trust me he had a better route than the one I had planned.

Met him at the gas station..

Then we were of to meet George (owner of the lease)..chatted swapped war stories etc.

We were off to the lease. Hadn't shot the widow for about 4 days..so we picked a few clumps (rabbits) to shoot at.

After a few misses at 40+ yards (near misses btw) we honed in...

I got this fella through a bush at 15 yards

then Alex took this fella at about 10 yards through a thick bush.

Then he wanted to try the widow...hmmm I think he is in LOVE. He shot a white flower off the stem at 12 yards and then tries a 50 yarder at a cottontail (just missed)

Then this vid he nails this cottontail at 20+ yards through the head....his smile says everything I think.

Then he says to me that he can't shoot well...you be the judge...even lets down waiting for the right shot..then loads her up again...bingo.

ONLY THREE SHOTS - TWO SHOTS BEFORE THIS ONE and with those AD'S he puts it right though this bunnys lookers...

great shooting I would say.

Javi's tomorrow...great start I think

Jer BEar

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »
Dunno but he (gatorgar - Alex) looks like he like this BW PCH - AD combo...

So while we were waiting for javi's he started stipping the rabbits for George.

This has been a great trip so far...anyone who hasn't shot this PCH BOW should think about it really hard.

Jer Bear

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
Congratulations!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
Nice trip Jerry, Tom and his wife Chris are two of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. Great seeing those pictures of them  it brought back alot of good memories of some good times.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
Wow! Jerry it just keeps getting better and better each day. I'm so excited for you buddy.

It's Friday morning now and I was just sitting here thinking this could be the day you get your shot at some wee little piggie look alikes.

Good luck and keep on keeping on! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Wolfkiss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
Great road trip Jerry!

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Hunting was hazardous, but at least it guaranteed the freedom of the individual.

There is no doubt that the onset of farming saw the end of leasure for the majority of people, who were destined to toil in the fields.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Well this morning we were up early - 5 bells and off to wait for sun up.....Alex was a bit cold - +60 already....warm for me.

Saw some deer - lots of cottontails and a roadrunner (man are they fast)...took a picture but by the time I got it to focus he was gone....  :biglaugh:  

No wonder Wiley was having some trouble catching him.

Anyway - Alex is off to work and I will see him later.

Waiting for some paperwork for the car. Alex told me to ship anything that is not clothing back home and not to take it across the border.

Now my buddy isn't meeting me..so I am a bit nervous, but I am in hopes it will all work out fine (still working on getting my buddy to the border xing atleast to drive back with me to Puerto Vallarta.

Sure is different country down here though..Pretty and the cactus's are blooming. I have changed the weather here in the south...overcast and only 60 now....77 and blue sky and hot yesterday...probably didn't want to burn up the poor CANUCK EH!!!!!!

I will keep you posted....

Jer Bear

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
So will you stop by in Monterrey? When?

There is a 3d shoot on Sunday!!
Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Pon

Alex told me not to take the hunting gear across the border.....

I just got a message from my buddy that he will meet me at the border xing on monday.

I would love to do the shoot, but my buddy will have to get right back to Puerto V so I think we will be doing a straight shot.

I will see if I can meet you and gerardo when I come back on my bike.

Sorry...just want to make this seemless going across the border...hope you understand.

Hey if I lived down here and new the customs and even the language better it would make me feel better...maybe it's just fear mongering..dunno...but I just want to be smart about it all.

Jer Bear

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
I do understand, have a nice trip!!

I will PM you my phone# in case you need any kind of assistance this side of the border
Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
thanks PON - off for a Siesta.

Alex is trying to teach me some spanish...I need to write it down I think....he sure is a great guy.

Jer

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
I repeat...don't believe everything he says, LOL
Tonight we will get on them, I can feel it in my bones.
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
Hey Jer,

Im glad to see you made to Zapata. Looks like your having a great time. Hopefully next time we can hunt some piggies.

Jer is a great guy really enjoyed his company.

Yes, my truck is dirty, all the time.

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Coon007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
Well they are out at the ranch, hopefully they will get on some javi's today.
It's only funny until someone get's HURT, Then it's hilarious

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
Well we saw lots of rabbits and deer.

I think Alex has put the run on the yotes here and the bunnies have taken over as TOP PREDATOR...   :bigsmyl:  

We are going out tomorrow at 5 bells again to see what we can see....I am getting more and more comfortable with the setting..not afraid (but wary of snakes). Haven't seen one yet, but i am easing into it and am cautious where I walk and always lookinf now...still a green horn though.

Alex is trying to line up a bowfishing day for sunday...WOW WHAT A GUY and Jorge is awesome too.

I can't believe the time they are spending with me to show me a good time. I thought they would help out...but this is OVER-THE-TOP.

They could just drop me off or I could just drive the car out there and walk around, but Jorge has given Alex the key and Alex has been there all the time....

I AM SURE ALEX IS WORKING on TWO HOURS SLEEP SINCE I SHOWED UP and still working with Jorge afterwards WOW....

He will be ready for me to leave for sure by monday morning.

Again I can't say enough about the hospitality I have been shown on this trip so far.    :notworthy:  

Jer Bear

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »
Amicus....lets do that on my next trip

MY NEXT TRIP - I don't want to wake up this might just be a dream I am having. If it is I hope you all get the same dream soon.

Live today like you were dying....get out your bucket list....make it long....start checking off the list. Nobody knows there end date....

MY DAD SAID..."LIVE YOUR DASH"

that means there is a day you are born and a DASH and the day you expire.....LIFE IS THE DASH.

what will your DASH look like....Mine is LONG already and I am only 53....going on 17.

jer bear

Offline Coon007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
Glad to hear that you are having a good time and Alex is a great guy to be around with just don't let him talk your ear off. Pretty sure he'll get you on a javi and defently a huge gatorgar. Within two months I plan on having an all trad hunt for hog's on the other ranch and I plan on inviting a couple of trad ganger's, Alex the guide extrordiaire will be ram rodding the show.
It's only funny until someone get's HURT, Then it's hilarious

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »
Jerry you just keep on living the dream my friend and keep us posted. My memories of that part of the world are that there's a bunch of things there that will bite, sting or stick you.... be careful out there and enjoy the journey.

God bless,Mudd
PS Thank you so much for taking us along.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©