3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I am on the road on tuesday morining heading to loredo tx  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I am on the road on tuesday morining heading to loredo tx
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2010, 06:24:00 AM »
Jorge - I will talk to you later today - I will be back here in june too...such a lucky guy.

Thanks Mudd I will keep my head down and eyes peeled...so far so good.

Might have to fly to Costa Rica on wed from Peurto Valarta...don't ask.....my wife and my daughter are up to something.

Jer Bear

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Day two....just some pics I wanted to share...some deer - stands - bows arrows and a great guide.

jer

in no particular order ok
start of the day

bow gettin set up

cool wrap

stand for deer

cows checking out the shooting block - wrong block guys NOT SALT tee hee

Alex fletching up his new arrows

and some deer checking us out in the evening

just waiting for Alex to go out this morning...maybe he had a good friday night wink wink....wouldn't blame him...hanging out with me is enough to make anyone go drinking..

jer

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
So day 2.5-3 I guess.

So on my way out the sun was just coming up

a beautiful place on the way there.

so I am making my wish on route

then I get there...Alex meets me at the gate...it's later than we usually get there but whatever.

We pour some corn and park the truck. Alex makes up some more arrows and we are glasing the roads.

rabbits...deer...quails...are on the road minutes after we park.

I get the block out and shoot a few to loosen up.

Well it's about 8:30 and we see NO JAVI'S or hogs.

So we head down the road...look up and two javi's walk out of the bush and onto the road...heart starts pounding...FINALLY.

so I freeze..they are at about 80 yards...A;ex says keep walking (I just froze). He says we got the wind kinda just get to the edge of the road and WALK BUD.

so I am in the lead and we get about 45 yards and they are moving sloly towards us. We move into the brush to get a better position down wind and closer.

I am scanning for rattlers and trying to keep from snapping any branches etc. weease up to the road and we still have about 35 yards to go. I am trying to keep calm...BUT I AM EXCITED SORRY!!!!!.

so we get back in the brush and we get in position and wait....Alex is scanning...sun right in my right eye...crap...

ALex motions to me to shoot....I am thinking WHERE.....finally I see them through the cactus (they aren't BLACK like the targets).

anyway he told before to aim at the stripe as it goes past the shoulder..

I still can't shoot so I wait...ALEX is going nuts I think....from where he is he has a clear shot, but not me...

I have my bow out in front waiting to draw...wait ..wait...then I draw...then  catch myself AIMING of all things...so I let down..."breath jer breath"

so they walk about 3 feet further munching on the corn....crunch crunch crunch....my heart is pounding...."breath"

So I draw look at the spot...KIND OF....sun in my eyes and shoot....arrow whistles out of the bow..2 inches over the back...it never moved till the arrow hit the bank on the otherside of the road....then they took off.

I stood there in disbelief...12 yards MAX....right over top...

ALex says "white man can shoot Javi's - I swear it" " not on the first try anyway"

Well I was deflated....but I got over it quick.

We went for a walk...I settled down...just about 80 yards from the truck we are coming off a trail and there is a lone Javi.

ALex says "he looks nervous but lets go after him"

so back in the brush we go... I am wat calmer this time....we sneak and sneak...Alex takes his boots off "forget it maaaaaaaaan" anyway we make our way about 55 yards...Alex sneaks out to have a look....he is about 30 yards.

Back in the brush we go....slowly...slowly...doing my best to relax..way better this time.

sneak out to have a peak....GONE.....

So back to the truck we go.

here
s what ALex had to say

I am going back this afternoon...Alex is helping Jorge set up for a dance tonight and i hope I can take one this afternoon.

We have tomorrow morning and maybe some bowfishing too.

Then I am off to Loredo then onto PV.

sorry guys and gals wish I hd one to show you...I wanted to take some pics but didn't want to spook them.

Jer
Jer

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
4:18 and I finally made it back from the Dance...why bother going to sleep as we will be back after them in a couple of hours anyways.  :knothead:  .  Maybe in a few hours he can connect with one.  
  :pray:  Here's hoping.
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline Coon007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
Hope you guy's got one this morning
It's only funny until someone get's HURT, Then it's hilarious

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2010, 02:17:00 AM »
sorry just came back from my hunt in Zacatecas, 11hrs driving time I am tired, If you want to stop by I can take you to lunch here in Mty, anything you need please let me know,  if I knew you where going to be these weekend in Zapata I would have probably gone up there, please say hello to alex and jorge

good trip,

Gerardo
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
It's early Monday morning, where are you Jerry? We're watching for the latest report from you.

I hope everything is still going well and you have pictures to show us of something with hair on it that you've killed...lol

Keep on keeping on buddy!! We've got you covered from here.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
Thanks Gerardo....we may stop by, but we have to make tracks to PV today...I fly out of PV on wed.

I will see you next trip probably...sorry.

We saw a few yesterday morning...but again (and Alex can confirm this) that they were nervous (scared of the canadian getting another shot and missing maybe hahaha).

before the rain I saw these..

it was raining...must be the weather that follows me around.

There was a major rain in Loredo yesterday too...crazy.

Anyway I am off driving to PV today and it's storming and lightning (thought there was only hot weather and sunshine here..TEE HEE)

Probably not the end of this adventure, but it is for the hunting.

Wish I had a javi to show you...but they will live till I get back again I guess.

I would like to thanks everone I have met on this trip and the ppl that have followed along for you friendship and you hospitality.

If nothing else it has made this trip one to remember for always.

Alex is shipping my hunting gear back (said I didn't want to take it across the border).

The bow shoots sweet...can't wait till I get mine. All in all it has been a wonderful trip.

Thanks

Jer Bear

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Thats a really cool time Jerry! Alex and Jorge are really fine people too. Sorry we did not get to meet up but maybe next time. Looks like you had a great time.

Congrats,

Bisch

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
Yipper Bisch I am having a good time.

I ARRIVED SAFELY to PV last night - 16 hours...from Loredo.

Thanks for all the wishes for my safety etc.

I get to do it all again in a coupla months so that's great.

Jer Bear

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
Glad you made it to PV in one piece Jerry.  I was able to ship the bow out this Morning after speaking with a guy over at Black Widow.  The rest of your stuff should be in the mail by the weekend.
The Javi's were extremely nervous that last morning, my guess is it was the wind.  Gusting up to 30mph and never from one direction.  Next time.  I'm gonna try to get one this weekend, just to prove that it can be done.
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
ALEX is Great he definetly was born a hunter!!!!!
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Well thanks for confirming the wind thing and them being nervous. they must have been smelling a wierd canuck and not knowing what it was.

Well you got me a shot...that's what i wanted. I missed..that's my fault.

All I know is this and I think everyone is in this boat at some point.

YOU CAN PRACTICE ALL YOU WANT......BUT SHOOTING A LIVE ANIMAL IS DIFFERENT.

I THINK IF YOU LIVE SOME WHERE...WHERE YOU CAN HUNT CRITTERS (NOT JUST SMALL GAME) ALOT IT HELPS.

I KNOW I WAS SHOOTING PRETTY GOOD...BUT WHEN I HAD MY ONE CHANCE SOMETHING HAPPENS INSIDE YOU.

I THINK (AND IT HAPPENS FAST) I AIMED INSTEAD OF JUST LETTING MY INSTINCTS TAKE OVER...

I KNOW IT'S A RESULT OF NOT HAVING MORE HUNTING SITUATIONS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

That's all I have to say about that. YOU NEED to pick your spot at the critical time. I know I saw a whole javi and not just the hair when I shot. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

I had fun and got to meet Alex and jorge which was the best part of Zapata. I will see them soon again.

Can't wait to meet more of you on my next leg of this adventure....May 7th I fly to Red Deer Alberta to start my bike trip..

Hope my bows are ready well before then...

Jer Bear

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks Jerry, see you soon maybe in Zapata
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
I'm proud of your hunt. You didn't make many excuses, got over your miss about as long as it took you to make it and got back out there after them.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Coon007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »
Nice to have met a fellow tradganger and archer, I'll be looking to see you soon.
It's only funny until someone get's HURT, Then it's hilarious

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
Thanks A;ex for doing all that...we never got checked at the border at all....lots of military and police around though.

Thanks Mudd....Thanks Jorge...it was great to meet you too and thanks for giving Alex the time to show me a good time.

Gerardo...maybe we will meet on the next leg of the trip....hope so.

I am in Costa Rica right now...looking at property...DON'T ASK....it's NUTS.

Jer Bear

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
So I am in Phoenix on a layover....we had to overnight on a bench..rough one, but I am on a plane at 10am this morning to Vancouver and then back the Yukon on Monday.

Back to 3 weeks of teaching...be good to get back to my wife/family/bed and a bit of a routine too.

Again I would just like to say how much fun I have had...even yesterday I met some ppl just because of the delay and the unplanned overnight.

funny how diversity brings ppl together...love it. While we were waiting in the mexico city airport an older lady traveling with family keeled over....massive heart attack.

Lots of help showed up..CPR - etc...tube down the throat....and adrenaline injection. It was pretty scary....she wasn't breathing.

They finally resusitated her and they put her on a gerny and had a bottle and intervenus (sorry about spelling here).

Sure makes you think though....how important it is to enjoy every moment of you life and tey to make other ppl lives better while you are going through your own.

Initially there was alot of grumbling by different ppl about the delays, but it went away FAST after they saw the lady laying on the ground FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE.

I am so fortunate to have the life I have but it is by design for the most part. yes I have to work...BUT I LOVE WHAT I DO....I am building a residual income to set us free so I can enjoy life more (freee up more time).

I am in hopes that all of you are making the life you truly want everyday. Time you can't get back and experiences are invaluable...MEMORIES is all we have in the end....SO MAKE LOTS OF THEM.

Jer Bear

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
Those statements are LOADED with truth Jer!

Thanks for sharin' and have a blessed day!

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
UPDATE

So I made it home this morning at 10:30 - happy to be home...had some real experiences on this trip.

Our delay in Mexico gave me a chance to meet a fella and when we got to Phoenix we both missed our flights...no biggie...we had just seen the worst in mexico right.

So we went to see about tickets - well we were over nighting...no deal on rooms so we decided to hang out ar the 24-7 resturant there and BS'd.

Great guy...funny how that is...if you leave it open for good things to come into your life THEY DO...AMAZING.

We both were flying out the next morning early so we talked till about 3 am and slept on the booth benches...all my gear on  a cart I looked like I was homeless....Ok I WAS....

not a very good sleep, but we got up had breaky - hit the bathroom that I decided to share with everyone else  :)  and shaved put some instant shower on (after shave).

We went through the ticket line and I got a DIRECT FLIGHT to vancouver - original was a stop in LA - so all in all it worked out better.

Well I am anxiuosly awaiting my bow/s - may cancel my ACS...dunno.

Bears are out and I am bowless yet again.

3 weeks and i start the BIG TRIP...hope to see some of you on that trip.

Cheers...happy hunting and good health to all.

Jer Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©