3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: German Kinetics users look here.  (Read 363 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
German Kinetics users look here.
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
The company has been sold and the heads are going to be produced in China now. If you want anymore of the originals better grab them now as for the last German made batch is now stateside.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: German Kinetics users look here.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
they weren't made in america to begin with.

Offline anw0625

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
Another GREAT company down the drain!!
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
They were made in Germany...i had heard Alaska Bowhunting Supply was trying to buy them.  Any idea who ended up buying them David?
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Soilarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Can't really say I was a fan of a $30 broadhead...but I was glad to see them being made and sold.  I'm all for quality.

Here's the background info:  Any body have updates...since "Vince in CO" is NOT selling them once the German stock runs out?
   GK Death Sentence

Best I can find through online search-hounding is that Alaska Bowhunting Supply bought them...sooo...maybe they can keep the quality up?  They've got a pretty solid reputation with the Grizzlystik shafts.

:confused:    :confused:    :confused:
Micah 6:8

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
The Chinese are capable of making the broadheads as well as the Germans if the company will require the same specifications and quality control, but that rarely happens when the company is already looking for a reduction in the production cost. I predict the quality will be significantly lower, which would mostly defeat the reason for the existence of those broadheads.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »
Very sorry to hear this - but, there are many good broadheads out there.  H

Offline Hermann From Bavaria

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
long time ago "made in germany" was a sign of quality. but today most of german companys produce in china, thailand, whereever in asia because of too high dues in germany. sad but true...

...i´m with ground hunter: there are so many good broadheads out there. you don´t need german broadheads produced in china.

just my 2 cents

greets
in past even the future was better, so what do you want?

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by amar911:
The Chinese are capable of making the broadheads as well as the Germans if the company will require the same specifications and quality control, but that rarely happens when the company is already looking for a reduction in the production cost. I predict the quality will be significantly lower, which would mostly defeat the reason for the existence of those broadheads.

Allan
Yip
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
Trad archerworld has a news blip that said ABS bought the silver flame broadheads.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
Don't kid yourself if you think the Chinese can't make as high or higher quality GK heads. Their products range from garbage to unbelievably good, just like anywhere else. Their production costs are 1/20 of the US and that is why everything is made there. Unless you want them to cost $500 a set, get used to it. Take a look at GM. That's why made in the USA isn't flying these days.

It ain't 1950 anymore fellas.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
Larry Hanify makes the Abowyer broadheads right here in good ol' Michigan.  I love my 3 blades, but if I am ever in a situation where I need a single bevel 2 blade, I'm grabbing a Brown Bear.  I visited his shop and those guys and the broadheads REEK of quality.  Just another option for those worried about Chinese GKs   :(

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
Yes there are lots of other good options out there.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
I sure hate to read this I have about 1 1/2 dozen of the GK 180gr 1.5" wide cut heads they did a number on deer this fall. The GK heads also set a new record on how many times I could cut myself with a broadhead in one season!   :D    I have never seen a sharper broadhead than the GK's one has to be real careful.

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
The Chinese would just be selling us back our own steel anyway!

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
There are already GK knock offs made in Hungary, and Bear Paw in Germany has recently introduced some very similar heads.

An overseas friend tried out the Hungarian heads but he said they fell short of Silver Flames.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Jason Hansen

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by highpoint forge:
Unless you want them to cost $500 a set, get used to it. Take a look at GM. That's why made in the USA isn't flying these days.

It ain't 1950 anymore fellas.
That is exactly why this country is in the shape it's in...outsourcing of manufacturing.  Honestly, I wish I could go back to the 1950s.

The importation of "Chinese made" goods has done nothing but contribute to the demise of the U.S. economy.  Personally, I'd rather pay $500 for something "Made in the U.S.A."...at least I know I'm supporting the American worker.  I appreciate a C.E.O. of a company that sticks it out to keep their products made right here in the good ol' USA.
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
It all boils down to taxes, corporate taxes.  Maybe if the gov't didn't think it needed to be so stinkin big there would be lower taxes and companies would have a better chance of staying here with jobs.

Our gov't could have prevented a lot of these types of issues.  Hopefully they still can in a few years.
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
If Alaska Bowhunting Supply bought them out, give them a chance.  Do we know for a fact where they will be made?  I've had nothing but quality products from ABS, and i would imagine that quality will continue if in fact they did purchase German Kinetics.   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

"Larry Hanify makes the Abowyer broadheads right here in good ol' Michigan. I love my 3 blades, but if I am ever in a situation where I need a single bevel 2 blade, I'm grabbing a Brown Bear. I visited his shop and those guys and the broadheads REEK of quality. Just another option for those worried about Chinese GKs"

I agree 100%   Brown bears are super nice heads and all American!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©