3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Holm-made River Runner,Any thoughts or reviews  (Read 401 times)

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Holm-made River Runner,Any thoughts or reviews
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
Anybody shot one of these bows or any thoughts on their performance....good or bad???
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Silvertip Marc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Holm-made River Runner,Any thoughts or reviews
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
I got one from Chad about a month ago and really like it.  Chad makes a beautiful bow and is very smooth drawing.  I have a 30" draw and his 60" bow is a perfect fit form me.  I also own one of his "Ospreys", and that also is a great shooting bow.  He is also a great guy to deal with.  You would not be dissapointed getting one of his bows!!!

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
I also draw a bit long, 29". Good to here they are friendly to us guys with knuckles that drag on the ground...lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline NomadArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Ron,
If I were you I would grab that River Runner as fast as you can   :)   If I had the cash it would have been already.

I have a 58" River Runner from Chad Holm. His bows are amazing works of art. My bow is extremely fast and almost silent. I hope to order an Osprey longbow from him someday too.

My bow is 58" 40# @ 28" Purple heart and bacote with curly koa veneers and bamboo core.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
I have an "osprey" that I recently got from Chad Holm.(1 mo ago)  I was fortunate in that I was able to drive to chad's shop.  Chad spent about 3 hours with me making sure that I had the right bow and the right fit.  I was making the move from recurve to longbow, the one I picked out was one that he already had on the shelf that was offered to Trad gang as a special with some others.  The special to me that day was, it was just the right fit, it's fast it's quiet and it hits were a look.  Chad was a great guy to work with.  Hear some photos, enjoy

Carl

--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline vitalinvader

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
Chad's a great guy. A friend of mine shoots the River Runner and loves it. Don't think you can go wrong...go for it.
Scotty Ralph

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
I guess those are some good reviews, even same kind'a wieghts that I'm looking at. The wheels are a turning...........thanks for all your input!!!

Online Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
Beautiful looking & shooting bows,excellent craftmanship, great guy to deal with & a reasonable price to boot. You will not be dissapointed.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
Very well made/good performing bows Ron. Doesn't hurt that Chad is such a good guy either.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline pitbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
It has all been said above, I put down 6 whitetails with one last fall, you can't go wrong.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
"DITTO" on ALL the Above, Chad Builds a GREAT Bow, Curve & Hybrid !!!

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
Bought one of Chad's long bows a few weeks ago. I have shot a, meaning one, recurve for about 12 years and the switch to one of his long bows was very easy.
Chad's work and attention to detail on the bow and archer is top notch. You will not go wrong with any of his bows. Two thumbs up here.
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline minnesota_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
I have had a River Runner for about a month now.  For me it shoots great, I am not sure if i will even shoot another bow this summer.  It has all been said befor,  but Chad's bows look great, they are fast, quiet, and shock free.

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »
Well, I guess I will find out for myself, I'm gonna get that one on the classifieds. 60" 43# @ 28" from the pics I got it looks like new. Always cool to get a new bow to play with and tune to my tastes,can hardly wait. I'll keep you posted......

Offline minnesota_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
It should be a good bow for you.  I realy like the kodiak style grip on mine.

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
I'm sure you will like the bow.  If there is any problems let me know.  Chad

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
I guess it don't get any better than that,when the bowyer jumps in before I even get the "used" bow. I'm impressed already.....thanks, Chad if I have any questions I'll be sure to contact you. Looks like your living up to your reputation.

Offline NomadArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
Enjoy your bow Ron  :)

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
Well one bow sold and ready for shipping, Money order sent out for the Holm-Made, now we just wait.............

Offline Silvertip Marc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I like mine!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©