3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Holm-made River Runner,Any thoughts or reviews  (Read 400 times)

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Holm-made River Runner,Any thoughts or reviews
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »
I have had an Osprey two piece longbow with a Bow Bolt for a couple of years. It is a great bow. I have shot many more of Chad's bows, including the River Runners. You simply cannot go wrong with a Holm-Made bow. I hunted with Chad last year. He is a lot of fun to spend time with and couldn't be nicer. Chad is a superior human being and bowyer. He even collected some red cedar and osage from the area we were hunting out in western Oklahoma to take home for building bows. That's pretty cool to see him harvesting the logs that will eventually be part of bows like the one he built for me and the others I have shot. Besides being accurate and smooth, even at my 29.5" draw, Chad's bows are FAST. If I had only one bow to shoot for the rest of my life, I would not be disappointed if it was a Holm-Made bow. That says a lot since I have more than 40 bows made by some of the best bowyers in the business.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
That is very good to hear when your waiting for one to come in the mail...lol! thanks you your input!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
Well the mail was good today ,My Holm-Made recurve was there. I'm impressed,60" 43#@28 [I draw 29"] and as the seller [Monkeyball] said in like new shape. Very smooth to the draw and it's quick,The bow has a friendly grip and is light in the hand. I wish I had the ability to do photos but you can see the River Runner on his web site. I think this bow may out perform some higher priced bows I have.I'm very pleased and I think this bow and I can become friends......lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
The best part is that I get to test out all of Ron's bows. I get to give them my approval.   :bigsmyl:  

Ron,

You have my approval from the seller.  Craig is a stand up guy. I bought my Voodoo from him.  a bow you will shoot soon enough.

Prolly see you in the morning, I  have a bow to test out.   :goldtooth:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
Charlie....your gonna like this one!!!!!!

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Thank you Charlie,you guys have fun shooting those bows.

Craig

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
Stunning looking bows!!! Chad makes an awesome blade too. i have a knife that he made, got it from his bro Shane in a trade..one of my favorite blades.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
This bow gets my approval.   :thumbsup:  

Pleasure to shoot, feels like a longbow.  Shoots an arrow quite fast could make a great 40lb hunting bow.

Good find Ron.   :archer:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
I told ya Charlie, I fooled around with on Sat. afternoon, increased the Brace a bit and it's come'n in nicely. This thing smokes an arrow for it's weight!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©