3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Experiences with screw-in bowquivers?  (Read 201 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Experiences with screw-in bowquivers?
« on: March 28, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
Since a year I became a great fan from bowquivers. I bought a Thunderhorn BOA and since then I left it on my bow. Ofcourse I had to re-tune my arrows a bit.
However, today I was in a severe rain/hail storm and I found out that the upper part of the quiver slipped upwards,far above the fade-out of the limbs.
That explained afterwards why I missed some targets.

By now I am in the ordering process of a new bow and I am considering a bowquiver which you can screw in the bow. Ofcourse I have to order the bow with special inserts then.

Are there any people who have experience with such a quiver and are willing to share this with me? Are there any negative aspects perhaps? What about lost in spine and speed? Will it be less as with a strap-on quiver?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Experiences with screw-in bowquivers?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
The only negative is you dont want to put inserts in to a really hard handle wood, they can break out if you drop your bow. With most natural woods I think they will be fine.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
My riser will be made of ebony/waterfall bubinga
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
they are all i use

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
I have one on a Brackenbury Legend, it bolts onto the underside of the riser opposite of the takedown limb bolts.
Have been shooting this one since 2004 and love it.
The riser is Macassar Ebony.
Try it you'll like it.

John

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
I use bolt on quivers on most of my bows. I have installed the bolt inserts on them myself and think it is the only way to go. The bows are three piece takedowns and I use the old Wing and Delta quivers shooting them with the quivers on year round.I don't hesitate to drill the risers as I buy the bows to use and feel they are a tool that should be customized to fit best for you.They are very quiet and work very well.I tried some other quivers that were used on the limb bolts but had problems with torque when shooting.  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Also,check out the Eagle Flight Archery quivers in the sponsor area.Their quiver with "totem" has top and bottom connected by an adjustible shaft.The upper and lower can't shift and it is as light a quiver as anyone makes and doesn't affect the tune of your bow.

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
I have used that type of quiver for over 20 some years.  I have had them on about 15 bows and never a problem.

I have slipped in mud and fell on the quiver bending the main rod but just straighten it by hand and was good as new.

The inserts were always expoxied in. I also use lock washers on the mounting screws to keep them from vibrating loose.
PBS  Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©