3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PBS gathering ...  (Read 1356 times)

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PBS gathering ...
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
I can't honestly think of my "favorite" part of the banquet.  It was all so great.  I enjoyed each and every minute.

I really enjoyed meeting alot of new friends and catching up with old friends that I hadn't seen in far to long.  Words can't describe it!

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »
If you missed it...all I can say is you missed a great time.

Much of the success of this event was due to Ethan and others who worked the floor and did the "running and fetching."  My hat's off to all who "greased the wheels."

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
That is a stunning Blacktail you picked up hogdancer!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
We had a great time, it was just too short. We met a lot of new friends and caught up with some old ones. I spent a lot of time hanging out with Uncle Barry and really enjoyed that a lot. I tried to pick up as much Hog Info as I could from our buddies Matt Shuster and Thomas Burns. Lots of good conversation and hunting plans were made. We regret not meeting everyone but it was a busy day. The youth gathering was great and Chloe and the other kids had a great time. They ended up with some cool armguards..Dad said too be sure and thank the PBS Members who put it on. Mom ended up with some cool jewelry.
We're hoping to spend some more time with Whip later on this week. Maybe a little Bowfishing?

Thomas, Dad and I are ready to get started on your Project. Just let us know.
Here is a few pics.......    
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
I have to agree with everyone else, it was a great weekend.  :campfire:    :archer:    I need to go catch up on my sleep, tho.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
What a great weekend!  Well worth the trip and a priceless chance to spend time with some of the best people I have ever met.

PBS exemplifies the best of what bowhunting is all about and I am proud to be able to rub shoulders with people that are a part of it.

If you have ever thought you might share a kinship with people who make bowhunting their life you owe it to yourself to become a member yourself.

Irene and I are still in Nashville and are going to spend the next week wandering around this part of the country. Sure was good to see so many of you!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 01:23:00 AM »
Whip- I'm glad you and Irene got back together - there was a time there when one of you went missing. Ha!   Mike

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 01:34:00 AM »
I had an amazing weekend. As Joe says, the PBS exemplifies the best that bowhunting has to offer.
The Gathering was a great chace to finally meet some of my online friends & put faces & real names, to screen-names  :D
The Saturday night auction was a true eye-opener & proved the generosity of so many folks (Thomas, let me know when you're tired of that Blacktail!  ;)  )
Joey Buchannan's talk at the banquet was the highlight of the weekend for me. I haven't laughed that much in ages, Thanks Joebuck!

Don Thomas really struck the nail on the head with his speech on Saturday night. I really wish I'd had a tape recorder for that.

Huge thanks to all the PBS commitee & special thanks to Ethan Rodrigue for getting everything organized.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »
I loved Nathan presintation of his sheep slam Friday as well. Most of us will never get to do that so we got to experience it throuh his pictures
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
I am really sad for not being able to attend to gathering,maybe next one.
Thomas,congrats for your 2 sweet girls,great Blacktail recurve too.
Felix
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
Killed us to miss it, but family was in town and we just couldn't reschedule.

Thanks everyone for sharing the pictures.

Thomas, precious young ladies. I hope you spend many happy days in the field with them. I cherish each moment with mine.

Joe, holler at me if you go to Don's, we'll come up and see ya'll.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
Thanks Rob for helping out at the auction, you did a great job even though the auctioneer had a hard time understanding your foreign accent ..   :)
Skyler, I enjoyed talking with you very much ! I will be in touch!
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
It was without a doubt the best spot and stalk hunt I've ever been on.  The only one wiley enough to escape me was Mr. Browning, but I'll blame that one on the spoilers.  Everytime I had him in my sites, somebody else had his attention.

There were so many guys I was looking forward to just meeting, but to the man, they took time to answer my questions or put up with my ear bending rants with more grace than holy figures.

I even found a new workout partner in Biggie.  He's got a ways to go yet, but he was ready for me every morning before daylight.  Being up and ready to go every day is step one in our 10 step program.  Something tells me the next 9 steps will be more interesting.

I've got more thoughts to share later but couldn't wait much longer to say thanks to all you guys for puttin up with me this weekend.
Julian

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Sure is good living it thru you guys and gals... Hopefully we'll be there in "12", keep it coming!!
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Yes I had a great time as well. And I agree with all before me that a great time was had by all in attendance. Fletcher(Rick), it was certainly nice meeting and talking with you and your wife and sharing the dinner table together. I even had breakfast with T.J. Congrads and his wife Robyn. I also had the chance to talk and meet with some others that were there. The seminars and speakers were great as well. I am already looking forward to Portland, Oregon in  2112. Certainly makes one proud to be a part of such a great organization. I am glad to be a member.

Tony Sanders/aka"SNUFFER"

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
To expand on Duckbutts  comments, I asked Julian to do an mextra mile for me every morning and as you'd expect from a fellow PBSer, he was glad to do it for me. I think my pants fit better this morning....he never mentioned the other 9 steps though....
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Sorry about the next PBS date in my previous post, it should of said 2012 and not 2112.

Tony

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
I had a great time just meeting folks and listening to the seminars! It was nice to shake the hands of guys like Dr. Thomas, Mr Asbell, Mike Mitten, and the Wensel brothers. I had never had the opportunity to meet some of the guys that I consider heroes of our sport...then there was Biggie Hoffman. A legend all his own  :)  Thanks Biggie for making me feel welcome. I was there alone and didn't know a soul, but I met some great people and look forward to seeing everyone again. It is a awesome organization and I am REALLY glad I went to the gathering! I urge you to join this group of fine bowhunters.
Mike Davenport

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »
My first and it was so hard to take it all in.  Kind of like going to those special places and feeling cheated because you just didn't have the time to do it justice.  Met so many great people and at times just sat back and listened in on conversations that were going on everywhere about every facet of what we love. Kevin and the committee did a super job and my wife really enjoyed the ladies luncheon and auction.  Strangely enough however she said she couldn't divulge what went on up on the 10th floor. More secrets! As herdbull mentioned it certainly led to a few girls missing for awhile including my wife. So much knowledge out there and you just hope you can absorb some of it. A lot of hunters there that might be considered celebrities in their own right but many more just like you and I just enjoying it all while we can. Here are a few pics of faces in the crowd.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Can we say Hollywood in Nashville.  It was awesome being around some of the most friendly and helpful people around.  Marty and Biggie, I can't thank those guys enough for the tips and info they gave me for my upcoming hog hunt.  And then I was blessed to have lunch with Marty, Biggie, Gene, and Barry.  What a lunch.  I hope I didn't talk to many peoples ears off but I was just in ahh.  Everyone that I talked to and met were just wonderful to associate with.  

Hey Mr Rock, I'll see you in the end of April with some pizzas at the club.  It was very nice meeting everyone and already looking forward to the next.   :thumbsup:    :jumper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©