3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PBS gathering ...  (Read 1347 times)

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PBS gathering ...
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
I'm still recharging from a 15 hr drive but like always it was worth it.  It was a pleasure meeting some of you for the first time and I'm sorry  I just didn't get a chance meeting others like hogdancer who were there.  Rob, I'm glad I finally got to meet you after hearing Grant talk about your pig gig trip.  My wife Marg says that every event she attended went well, and no disappointments.   That's always a plus.  Steve, Grant, Bill and  Fletcher, Whip, and new friends, we had a wonderful weekend and we thank you all. God willing, we will see you in Oregon.  Thank you!!!!

Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
yes I am sorry I did'nt get to meet you as well Shick.... I just don't stand out like Rob does. Maybe I can get him to help me with that    :)
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
It definately exceeded anything I would have imagined. I guess the highlights for me were all the new friends made, an incredibly informative seminar on hunting muley's, and Don Thomas' home run speech that still has me charged up.
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
Wapiti792 and Dirtybird,
Making the new guys feel welcome is what we're all about. We've been "brothers" forever, we just now ran into each other!

Wapiti, I still think you didn't buy enough stuff. That one little bag was P I T I F U L L!!!

:bigsmyl:
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
Absolutely top notch event! It was great to see so many old and not so old friends. I'd like to point out highlights but the whole weekend was a "highlight." Huge "Thanks" to all who went the extra mile to put it together. Thomas- great to finally meet your girls. No wonder you're so proud. I hope everyone made home safely and look forward to the next event.Rob, Schick- see you both soon.   Grant

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
I made it back to Alaska late last night.  What a great one!  I tried breaking out of my shy-shell this time and met a lot of folks I wish I would have met at previous gatherings.  I just wished it would have lasted a bit longer!

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
Glad you made it back Steve...now when do we go brown bear hunting  ;)  

Biggie all I had in that bag was books from Asbell, Thomas, Wenzel, and Mitten (sounds like a law firm)...I needed the Bison Pack guys there so I could pack 'em around the right way instead of totin' 'em in a woman's shoppin' bag  :)
Mike Davenport

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
Steve..thanks for your help with the presentations. I'm still not sure who was in charge of "seminars" but thanks for stepping up and being a leader and helping get my presentation up and running...you need to run for council 2012, i will be your southern campaign manager.

Mike "BA" Mittin was one of my favorite presentation. He had some qoutes in there that are priceless..His way of hunting is impressive...Plus he's a BA......we may adopt him as a southern boy and redneck-a-fi him
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
careful Steve, Joebuck was Vargo's  southern campaign manager,.... I think he did carry Mississippi though !
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
I'd vote for Steve.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »
me too!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »
I'll run for council in 2020, right after I retire, lol....

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
"now when do we go brown bear hunting"

Hmmm, I can take a son-in law.....step daughter is about 27/28 (long legged and pretty hot, lol).....you gotta wife that would object?

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
Well Steve don't think she would mind except on my last solo hunt in the Rockies she made me up my life insurance...gotta feelin' if she saw your last post I'd get that policy cashed in before I make it to Alaska  :)  Other than that I am good to go,Dad!
Mike Davenport

Offline Steve Leffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
It was an awesome time!  So great to see everyone.  The time went way too quickly.  Already looking forward to Portland.
Steve

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
My wife thought it was pretty hilarious when I told here I was the "AV guy".  Normally when electronics are involved she rolls her eyes and make it work while I sit there with a stupid look on my face!

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Rob,  thanks for the kind comments.  It was my pleasure to do it but truth be told I'd say I did way less than 2% of the work.  The council really needs to be commended for all their hard work.  I thought I had a pretty good idea of some of what they'd have to do to pull this off, but I was clueless!  It's amazing how much these guys do, and I don't want to forget their wives.  Thanks yall!  

And Dirty bird, as far as saying "Hollywood", round' these part we call it "Nash-vegas!  :thumbsup:

Offline Spudley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
I very seldom post anything anywhere, but I must make exception this evening.  Being somewhat of a student of The Thompson Bros., the highlight of my day was, of course, Cliff Huntingtons lecture on Maurice and Will, I know of no one as informed on the subject as Cliff. Cliff is one of the Good guys!  I have spent a few hrs. walking thru the woods of Mississippi shooting with Cliff and listening to stories of the Thompsons, the only thing that could have been better is if Maurice and Will were shooting with us.  Thanks Cliff for a job WELL DONE!!  Check out his book "Toxophilus in Arcadia"
Steve H also did a great job!

Spudley
Later!

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
+1 on Cliffs talk about the Thompsons. I really enjoyed it.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
Was it just me... or did anyone else see a melanistic 'possum singing George Jones in the hotel louge on Friday night?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©