3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Booked my Maine Bear hunt for fall 2010  (Read 150 times)

Offline Red4arm

• Trad Bowhunter
Booked my Maine Bear hunt for fall 2010
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
Booked my first bear hunt for my 40th birthday.  I booked with Wade Kelly in Allagash Maine. Got his info from a thread here. I am really looking forward to it. He shoots trad also and the week I am there a couple of guys from Maines trad club will be there on hunts he gives away to the club each year. Already set up a bear target in the back yard!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Booked my Maine Bear hunt for fall 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
If you will be hunting from a tree stand it's a good idea to practice from one. Best Of Luck On Your Bear Hunt!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline DDyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
You're in for a great time.Wade, his family and crew are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.The area is beautiful;my favorite place in this whole State.
were it worth the trouble? Huh? What trouble?

Offline Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
Good for you Red4arm. Wade Kelly is a good friend of mine and I have Bowhunted in his camps a number of times over the years. As a matter of fact I am heading there in September of 2011. As have already been said, Wade and his family are some of the nicest and finest people you will meet. Wade have to be the best tracker that I have ever had the pleasure to track with. This guy see things that others would probably pass over while tracking a hit or wounded bear. I have been with him on a number of tracking jobs. Wade have created his own slogan: 9If I Can't Find It, It Ain't Dead).  Good luck when you go, and don't believe any stories Wade tells you about me(LOL). Shoot Straight and Good Hunting.

Tony Sanders/aka"SNUFFER"

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Don't forget your bug spray!!!! Our Black Flies and Skeeter's Love "People from away"...

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
Red4arm, good for you!  I have booked my fifth bear hunt in northern Maine with Eldon Jandreau for the second week this fall.  Got a nice bear there last fall.  My wife loves to go to Maine with me.  We get a nice lake side cottage on Portage Lake and just have a ball all week.  Can't wait--love Maine.  :jumper:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hit-or-Miss:
Don't forget your bug spray!!!!  
Bug spray?

Fly dope, and the old Woodsman formula at that.
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©