3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carp Skin Bow Quiver Giveaway  (Read 2202 times)

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Carp Skin Bow Quiver Giveaway
« on: April 26, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
Occasionaly, you will see something about using fish skins as leather for various purposes. I like to try almost everything at least once, so when I saw carp skins for bid on an on line auction, well, I just had to check them out.

When they came in I immediately opened the box to check them out. I thought that they would be thin and tear like paper. I was surprised that they were  about twice as thick as I thought they would be,  and I found that I could not tear them.

After making two bowquivers with some of the carp, I thought maybe it would be a good thing to offer one on Tradgang. The winner would be the one who  comes up with the most positive comments on Carp. Now it's on so let's hear it from the fans of the lowly Carp.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carp Skin Bow Quiver Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
Okay, he got away the first time. Now we'll try to get the photos on board. bucket.com/albums/n64/2fletch/P1010014-2.jpg[/IMG]

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
tast like chicken ...
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
You can hunt them year round in most states ( what could be more positive.. :bigsmyl:  Oh and they make great looking bow backing and quivers

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
hey that looks cool  :thumbsup:we have em here as well and yes they taste yummmmmmmm. but i did not know you could use there skins for any thing. how wrong was i.  :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
Carps is the mostest! Cant wait till the spawn.

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
Carp - The "Other" other white meat..........
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
They have nice lips   :biglaugh:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
The lowly carp?Not hardly.When you hook into one of those,you know you got a fish on the end of the line.As for hunting them with the bow.What better way to spend a beautiful spring day(or any day for that matter)flinging arrows.And when you hit and that line peels off the reel.I can't think of too many things more fun than that.
67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Carp are one of the most enjoyable things we do in the summertime. We have already started. You can't beat shooting a #20 to #40 carp from canoe. Its like having a trolling motor on it dragging you around the backwaters. Also you can't beat the taste of a large carp prepared in the smoker. Along with some enjoyable drinks and good friends its hard to beat. Almost everybody that I take for the first time gets hooked whether in the backwaters, lakes or river. My Youngest Son even painted up my JonBoat and Stenciled it with "Let it Fly". Thats his theory on Bowfishing. Next to Whitetails and Turkeys, its his next favorite. Even though he was using a wheelie bow in this pic (which now he is using a short Browning Recurve), How could a person not like it. Pics are worth a fortune.

Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline RedTx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Nothing like having a 25 lb + buffallo on the end of your line.  Except of course a bigger buffallo

Nice looking quiver by the way

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
The 'lowly carp' makes the most beautifullest, most awesomest and bestest bow quiver adornment ever witnessed by modern traditional man.....and at least one lady  ;)

When compared to mere rattlesnakes or techno-lazer engraverments, the lowly carp stands far and above the rest with it's....ahhh beaudacious scales and sunset coloring. The kings of our forefathers have been known to war over such a perfect beauty as the lowly carp. Modern day leaders often spew forth the carp and although we all take so much carp along the way we must pause......inhale the carp....and give thanks.
For the carp lies within us all. Come. Come to the carp and behold the beauty, the bounty and endless fascination and entertainement that has become.....the lowly carp.

Thank you.  Now how's that for a load of carp ?

PS - Nice quivers !  Do you treat the skins at all or just dry them like that ?
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Ahh the Carp....Thier thankless job of cleaning up after others; goes quite unnoticed.  Scoffed at by most, revered by few, and enjoyed by millions.  The blue collar chap of the waterways.

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
Way to go Gordy. At that rate I am suprised that in our own Early History we didn't Worship the Carp GOD!!!!  Cudo's to the Carp aborigine's.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
Q:  What is the difference between a carp and a (insert your favorite detestable profession here).  

A:  One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other is a fish.

Offline dposalski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
Carp is a very underappreciated fish.  Without carp, you couldn't have Gefilte Fish.  Carp are one of the best fish for flyfishing, too.  You couldn't have Japanese gardens without Carp and they are one of the most beautiful, serene places there are.  Wow, the world would be a far less enjoyable, beautiful, and tasty place without the carp.
Custom BBO 50#
Samick Deer Master 50#
Browning Cobra 52#

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
Boiled Carp, grilled Carp, steamed Carp, Carp scampi, pickled Carp, Carp-ka-bob, smoked Carp, Carp fillet, Carp steak, (to be continued)
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline el cazador

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »
Carp - In the right hands their skins make awesome looking bow quivers!!   ;)    :notworthy:    (Not bad for bow backing either.)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©