3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carp Skin Bow Quiver Giveaway  (Read 2206 times)

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carp Skin Bow Quiver Giveaway
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
This fish is very abundent in the deep south.Us folks down here in Louisiana have been enjoying them for a long time. As far as my preference I like them better than buffalo to eat. Their meat has a sweet taste to it. They are a very hard fighting fish. They put up a real scrap. A lot of people that have never tried them say they are not good to eat, but I can tell you for sure they are. And as you have proven, they make great looking quivers. I'm sure they would be very pretty to back a bow with. Good luck to all !
                              THANKS!
                              ARCHER2
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline korn stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
They've got Angelina Jolie, kissable lips!
Doug

Offline korn stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Carp, the other white meat!
Doug

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
:)   :)    :)  Seasons opens May 1st here  :)   :)   :)  

Dances with Turtles

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
CRAP ...ER...I MEAN CARP RECIPIE:                1-CARP 3-4 LBS.                                   2-TSP OLDBAY SEAFOODSEASONIN'                     1-TSP LEMON PEPPER                                1/4- CUP MELTED BUTTER                            1-CEDAR PLANK                                     ARRANGE CARP ON CEDAR PLANK AND SPINKLE WITH MELTED BUTTER.                                    MIX SEASONINGS TOGETHER AND SPRINKLE ONTO BUTTERED CARP.                                    PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES , SLIDE PLANK ONTO CENTER RACK OF OVEN AND BAKE FOR 1 HR.            PREPARE TOSS SALAD AND WILD RICE OR SIDE DISH OF YOURE LIKING.                                     REMOVE CARP FROM OVEN......DISCARD ALL CARP.......EAT THE PLANK !!!!!!!!                 WASH IT DOWN WITH BEVERAGE OF CHOICE.............NOW GO HAVE SOME FUN AND SHOOT ANOTHER ONE.             THEY ARE FUN TO HUNT BUT I JUST GIVE MINE AWAY........SORRY.......THAT'S THE BEST I CAN SAY ABOUT A CARP, NEVER DID DEVELOP A TASTE FOR THEM.               HOWEVER...THEY GOTS A BEAUTIFUL HIDE AND YOU MAKE A COOL QUIVER ...VERY GOOD WORK, I'D BE PROUD TO HAVE A QUIVER LIKE THAT !!

Offline Basic Instinct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
I call them (Bugle mouth Bass!!)  They are fun, Have a nice fight to them on a Ultralight pole. Don't forget the Bowfishing!!  Fun in the Sun!!!!
Rejoice in the lord always, And again I say Rejoice.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
I was pretty sure that there was a lot of suckers, and bottom feeder fans out there.

You're looking good, and there's been some great stuff written so far. It's going to be difficult to pick a clear winner. It may take a panel to decide.  Anyone have any recommendtions on who would best serve on a Carp Committee?

The carp skins used on these two quivers was purchased from a lady in New York city. They appear to have been tanned in some fashion and are pliable. I assume that she got them with the intention of designing some new item for the apparel market.

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
I like carp so much that I have a watergarden full of them.  Course they are different colors and some people call them Koi but they are just a carp with a pretty face  :clapper:  

Joe

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Lots of them that why I love carp

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
I would like to be in on this one, nice quiver!
"Let yourself go with the arrow and the trip will never cease to amaze you."   Me

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
I never have, but.....Why would someone shoot such a beautiful member of God's creation???

I don't know, but will tell you as soon as my new bowfishing rig arrives...........

Sweet lookin' quivers!!!

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
dposalski, how are carp important to flyfishing? I waited a long time for someone else to ask that question.

2fletch

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »
...Broiled Carp, Baked Carp, Saute`d Carp, Carp Creole, Carp Gumbo, Carp Cocktail  :rolleyes: , Stir-fried Carp, Peel-n-eat Carp?, Carp with fried rice, Carp Salad, Stuffed Carp, Baked Carp, Barbequed Carp, Carp Butter, Carp Casserole, Carp Chowder, Coconut fried Carp, Curried Carp. There's Dilled Carp, Carp `Etouffe`e, Carp Flambe`, Carp Dip, Carp Omelet, Carp Spread, Carp Jambalaya, Carp Paella, Carp Soup, Beer-broiled Carp, Orange Carp, Carp Mornay, Carp Spaghetti, Carp Cheesecake??, Carp Quiche, Lemon-garlic Carp, Sherried Carp, Carp Cheeseball, Rolled Carp Souffle`, Carp with Peas and Carrots, Carp Gazpacho, Sweet and sour Carp, Beer-batter Carp, Carp Sandwich, Honey Carp....
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Derwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
Not much of a writer, but here's a picture I whipped up.  Nice quivers.

"Derwood"

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
PRETTY COOL!!!
I'm in
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Derwood, thats too cool!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline blaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
Here's 147 reasons that I like carp...

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Grass carp on the back of osage.  What could be a better testament to the beauty and value of such a regal fish.  Except of course, if someone was brilliant enough to put them on a bow quiver, which would look excellent on this bow, by thew way  :)
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
Carpe Diem... Sieze the day..Actually, no kidding, it means pluck the day.. So to you my carp skin welding brother pluck and arrow from your gorgeous carp skinned quiver and let er rip...Carpe Diem...
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
God put everything here for a reason, carp are fun to harvest, and make nice quivers, I love those carp quivers!!!!!, and then God said,
Let there be Carp!, I have always wanted an eagles flight mini quiver, not chicken of the sea, but chicken of the river, heres my chance!, please pick me!
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©