3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Seeing turk harvest thread. What broadheads?  (Read 179 times)

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Seeing turk harvest thread. What broadheads?
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
Probably dealt with in the past. . . but what are you guys using for broadheads on turks? And typical success??  (I am wondering about bullheads but hate to spend the cash)

Thanks in advance

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Seeing turk harvest thread. What broadheads?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
I will be using snuffers , any three blade bh will work good if put in the right spot!
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Monster Snuffers of the 160gr. variety.  I think Bullheads would be great out of a blind scenario.  The footage I've seen they're either dead or flyin.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline mnbearbaiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »
Starting this year ill be using 160gr Snuffers for everything! Tough, easy to sharpen, and fly true(they also leave a nice hole too!). In the past i always used the 135gr Zwickey Delta 4 blade and never lost a bird! The trick was to get the main blades razor sharp, and only touch the bleeders a bit with a file! Still gets plenty of penetration but with the "dulled up" bleeders it seemed to help keep the arrow in 'em makin recovery easier! I discovered this by accident as i shot a gobbler that the arrow stayed in and then on the way home realized how late the night before i only sharpened the main blades and got sidetracked and forgot to do the bleeders! Ive had a few recovered just by spotting the fletching sticking up out of the underbrush!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©