3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribow-owners, please show me your tips!  (Read 279 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Caribow-owners, please show me your tips!
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
As some of you might know, I am on Abes list for a Peregrine. Now I am thinking about the tips....What shall I order. As a matter of fact I like antler, but what I saw on one pic in Pete Ward's review of the Wolverine, I like the normal tips too! They match up nicely with the woods. So by now I don't know what to order anymore...especially because there aren't many pics of those tips....

So please do me a favour and show me your tips, Cari-bow owners.....
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribow-owners, please show me your tips!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
If you can afford the extra for the moose antler tips, go with that. I just ordered a second set of limbs for my silver fox, and I went all out on the antler. Antler on the tips and at the bottom of the limbs. The antler just looks so good.

Darren

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
QWell, antler is only US$50,- isn't it? I have ordered a one-piece Peregrine, so no lmbs bottoms here...
Any pics?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Yes it is only $50 US and worth it.I have a few of Abe's bows and only one with antler on the tips. But that bow was made in the early 90's, and it is not the same tips as he uses today. I have no pics, but if you go on his web site he has a few. I know people will be posting pics of their bows for you soon. Good luck with the new bow when you get her, you won't be disapointed.

Darren

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
I searched for years for the ultimate bow for me, and it seems that the Peregrine has it all.... I have to wait only 6 months now.... :(
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline BowZen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Dutchman,

I got my bows on Monday. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. They are truly works of art. As I told you before, I got the brush buttons. They look very sweet althought they are a $150 option and you do have to take care in string up the bow. I would definately go for the antler. Abe does a terrific job. I shot the Peregrine and the Silverfox, and both bows were fast and stable. You made a great choice.

Karim

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Hey Karim, I saw your bow's at Abe's when he just finished them. Those are two awsome looking bows.

Darren

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
I saw the pics already! Karim must be in the 7th bowheaven now.....
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline BowZen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
I'm definately in bowheaven.... I can't wait to take them on a 3D course this weekend.
Some of the finest bows I have ever owned, and I have owned a few nice ones.

I can truly say they are worth every hard earned penny.

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Here are some pics of the limb tips on my Silver Fox bows. I have 2 and they both have moose antler overlays on the tips.

This is a pic of the tips on a Featherhorn I once owned. His "standard" tip I guess you would say

"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
Here are a couple pictures of my Tuktu tips, they match the riser very nicely.  Antler is nice but there is something to be said for the simplicity of wood.  Hope these pictures help with your decision, either way it will look amazing.

Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »
Thank you all for the pics! I would say that the wooden/fiber tips match the bow very nice and are more within the color schedule. Are the overlays of the riser on the back of the bow the same colors as the tips?
The antler tips really are pieces of art, but don't match the bow that well I think...
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
I can take a picture of the overlays on the back of the riser of my bow later this evening if you like.  If my memory is correct they do match the tips.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
I would highly appreciate that Earl!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
i sure miss that bow earl.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Never sell a cari-bow......
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
I have a Featherhorn on sale to buy a Tundra Wolf.  Ken

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
FD, Here are a few pictures of the overlays on the back of my Tuktu, my riser woods are cocobolo and ebony with red elm limbs. The overlays match the tips and the riser woods.

Earl

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by PAPA BEAR:
i sure miss that bow earl.
Larry, I still can't believe it's hanging in my basement. I know Abe will build you an awesome Tuktu, I guess the hardest parts the waiting.  It will be worth it. Your a good dude for parting with your bow to a guy who couldn't afford a new one. I do appreciate it. Thanks again.
Earl

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
Well, you guys helped me a lot and i really appreciate that. I think I will choose the normal tips and overlays. Abe does its best to make great color combinations with the colors of the limbs. I feel that it all comes together in that way, making the bow really one unit. But it is all a matter of taste I guess....
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©