3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ragim wolf LB/Barta bow  (Read 397 times)

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
Ragim wolf LB/Barta bow
« on: April 27, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
I have a ragim wolf long bow. I know it is very low end but I was wondering if anyone started out with one or still has one. how does yours shoot. will it group? Also I was looking at this Barta bow.what are your thoughts. money is an object.(to many beagles). thanks
Gene
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ragim wolf LB/Barta bow
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Geno, just my 2cents, take a look at some of the bows on the classifieds here, I have bought a couple of really nice bows here.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Gene, what TexMex said. I too bought a couple of Ferraris for a fraction of their original cost on the classifieds here  :thumbsup:
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
Spend some time with matching components to the bow (find what it likes) and you will have spent little compared to buying a bow, and likely really like the bow you have.  Dedicating time to form and function will likely make any bow a good shooter.  And best of all, you are doing something you like.
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
Geno,have you had a chance to try the Barta bow? I would say go to some shoots and try a few to see what you like.Then look until you find one of the ones you like used. I have bought great used bows for half their new cost.The $400 you would spend on the Barta new would get some very nice used bows.The Barta is not a bad price if you like it,just try it first.Good luck.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »
I agree with above. I believe ya can pick up a beautiful R/D LB on the classified that go for up to $7-800 for $3-400. There is a Treadway on there now and a Morrison and a ton of others in your price range and they are all as good if not way better performers than the Barta bow. Just a thought! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©