3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting w/ glasses vs. without  (Read 655 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting w/ glasses vs. without
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
Just put your contacts in before ya hunt and take a few warm-up shots when ya exit your vehicle or on your way to your stand. Shawn
Shawn

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting w/ glasses vs. without
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
been wearing glasses for almostaslong asI've been shooting a bow (several decades). i now wear trifocals and they play heck with my shooting. They don't focus except straight ahead and besides making my "spot" fuzzy they make me move my head too much while hunting.

My solution was simple and actually enhanced my early and late hunting hours (and maybe my shooting, too). Most optics places give a discount on a second pair, especially single-vision. For a few years now that second pair is a set of single vision (of the most distant-corrected part of my prescription) with an amber tint. By correcting only for my distance viewing, the target is much sharper than the nearby objects in my "secondary" vision and that seems to help my concentration. The amber tint honestly seems to improve my vision in low light (read: best hunting hours). And they focus the same at any angle so i don't have to sweep my head back and forth like a radar dish to maintain focus when watching for game.

Yes, they still fog up. Yes, they do accumulate rain or other precip and get fuzzy---but the biggest problem with them is that i tend to forget to put them on before leaving the truck....
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©