3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: VPA Terminator Question  (Read 119 times)

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
VPA Terminator Question
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
I was looking into getting some VPA terminator broadheads, I shot 125's and I saw that they are little short stubby broadheads compared to the woodsmans I have shot previously once you get to 175 and up they look a lot more like the 3:1 Ratio. Do you think that for hunting whitetail  with a 51 pound bow the smaller wider broadhead would affect penetration enough to not get them I am kind of stuck on the 3: to one deal I just didnt know how much that affected penetration.

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: VPA Terminator Question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
They make 3:1, 125's too. 3 Rivers (Woodsman Elite) and Kustom King have them.

Edit: Kustom King is glue on. 3rivers is vented.

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: VPA Terminator Question
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
Look at the Woodsman Elites. 125 gr. vented, long and lean. 1" width I believe. Fly great and are quiet. I have shot the original Woodsmans for 5 years killing everything from turkeys to elk with them. They did have some flaws though. I started shooting the Elite last season taking a buck and doe mule deer with them. Even though they are a tad narrower than the originals, they have proven very effective on deer. I made a little far back hit on the buck, but he never went far. I made a good shot on the doe, and she only went 30 yards. I planned on using them for elk, but never had a shot. ;( Maybe this coming season.  :)

The Elites are built tough. I missed a javelina in AZ this past Jan. The shot was high and hit a rock.  :(  Broadhead only suffered minor tip damage.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©