3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need input- Older Double Bull  (Read 134 times)

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Need input- Older Double Bull
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
Looking for input.  I have an older DB BS-5 Blind in predator brown camo.  I bought it here on tradgang a number of years ago before DB went to Primos.

I do not use it that much, but I am wondering about the "black" on the inside. It is some type of dye (?) coating or something to darken the inside.  I tried turkey hunting this week and notice that the sun still can shine through it.  

My question:  Do the newer DB blinds have an actual black interior material?  The many photos and videos I have seen look like the newer blinds are really "black" inside.

Thanks for any input

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need input- Older Double Bull
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »
They are blacker then the old ones.  I have both and have never had a problem with a turkey.  They don't care at all about the blinds.

Just wear dark colors inside.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
I sprayed my old DB with undercoating on the inside--worked great.

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
I have had both. Never had any problems with the older one. I did spray paint it with black but the sun stilled shined through somewhat.

In my opinion the newer black interior gets a lot warmer in the blind on sunny days.
PBS  Member

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
you couls also spray carbon blast in it and darken it up to pluss some sent control

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
I have an old DB that isn't black on the inside, just a lighter rendition of the outside pattern.  Never had a problem with turkeys picking me up inside unless I had a shooting port open behind me.  The dark coating inside, regardless of the material, blocks more of the wind and makes the blind considerably hotter inside, a feature I don't particularly like.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
Sure appreciate the input guys.  I have never had much time to turkey hunt so I typically way-lay them with the shotgun (like 45 in the past 15 years [my kids too]).  

I saw many of you on here whacking them with the bow so I thought I would try this year.  Had a couple of toms (30 and 20 yds) and something (me in the blind?) spooked them.  I did have five jakes at ten yards today- but I did not move to shoot as I decided to pass on them.

Appreciate the input.  Gobble gobble    :)  

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©