3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Well shoot, that makes a difference!  (Read 306 times)

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
Well shoot, that makes a difference!
« on: April 03, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Well, I got my Legacy's today from Lost Nation Archery (they did an AWESOME job). Blue fletch, blue nock, 175 gr. point, and 2018 spine cut to 29.5 in. Took 6 of the 12 out and flung em at the target with my Savannah and man, what a difference! Perfect arrow flight, and I mean perfect. Hit's where I look, no wobble that I can see, just darts. I'm still far from perfect, but my groups are noticably tighter. They pack a nice punch too, they move my target when I hit it. My woodies were nice, but I'll probably not be going back for a long time, these legacy's are just too perdy. They look like real wood! Just goes to show that when you sit down and take some time to figure out the right arrow spine and even fiddle with Stu's calculator like I did for a while, it really pays off. Gonna have to go shoot some more I think, just too much fun when you actually hit what yer supposed to. I seem to have found that passion that I had when I started out if not more so. Best 100 bucks or whatever the price was that I've spent so far.

:campfire:      :archer:      :goldtooth:

Offline potlikker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Well shoot, that makes a difference!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
Congratulations.Good hunting.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
Sounds like you are getting it all together.

I was curious,was the the setup that you talked about earlier,that would only get 135 fps or so or am I all mixed up and if so,how did you get to that figure? I may be thinking of something entirely different but I was thinking,my bows in that pound range would shoot an arrow like that about 170 fps and I don't think these bows are remarkable,just good shooters.Sounds like you have a great setup there.It wll be hard to put down.

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
These arrows are doing something like 170-180 or something like that. I can shoot some 2117 with a 100 gr. steel adapter and 130 gr. Zwickey that will only do around 160 though. That's all according to Stu Miller's calculator. Not sure where you got the 135.

These arrows are definetely zippy. They have 13% FOC compared to my woodies 6%.

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Okay, according to Stu's Calculator, these arrows are 572 gr. 10.6 gpp. goin 175.3 fps. I'd test them myself but don't have the equipment. I'd guess that it's pretty close though. Maybe a tad slower.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
Sounds like a good setup to me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©