3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowfishing heads  (Read 173 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Bowfishing heads
« on: April 05, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
My favorite is the Shure-Shot that Muzzy owns now. Another one I've used the last couple years is the Innerloc 2-blade Grapple. Very strong and handles a lot of abuse. Kustom King has the Grapple on sale now ($5 less than I've seen any where else). I ordered on Saturday and they delivered today. Kill some fish!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowfishing heads
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
Shure Shot is still owned by Rob Skirvin of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Ron does use the Muzzy tips on some of his Penetrator points, but the company is not owned by Muzzy.

Shure Shot Penetrators have been my favorite bowfishing head for several years (ever since I bought my first one). Muzzys are a very close second.

www.shureshot.com

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
Hows the tips on the shure shot hold up? I shoot the deleware river a lot and for the most part its rock city. I have been using muzzys for 17+ years and keep a box of spare carp and gar points in the boat.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
The tips are held on the same as on the Muzzy heads, they screw on. My favorite stretch of river is shallow with limestone, so tips here take quite a beating too. If need be, I usually swap out points until I can get home and resharpen them.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Oh, so Muzzy just packages them and sells them. Either way I sure do like them. The Muzzy shure shot tips have the same tip as the muzzy, or at least they look the same.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
Owlbait,

I just did some checking and noticed that Muzzy lists them on their site as "Shure Shot with Muzzy Carp Point," but other vendors list them as Muzzy Shure Shot.

The last time I talked to Ron (a couple months ago) he didn't mention anything about it. Make Mark will chime in with some clarification.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
I use to shoot them when they had the non-trocar point and liked them except they got beat up easy. I like the short distance from the tip to the barbs and how easy it is to get the fish off the arrow and back to shooting. Didn't Skirvin and Shore design that head together?

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
Yes Shure Shots are owned my Ron Skirvin and we just provide the tips for his Penetrator point and sell it thru Muzzy as well.  It will use any of our Carp or Gar pts and they easily change out as needed!
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
Mark: thanks for the clarification.

Owlbait: I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. The only things I know about Paul is that he used to own a bowfishing magazine, and that he, Ron, and Rob Davis did a really good bowfishing video together twenty or so years ago. They all seemed to be using Shure Shot heads at the time.

Offline val

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
Just bought a steelforce head.  Normally use garpoon.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©