3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribow Wolverine  (Read 437 times)

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
Caribow Wolverine
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
I just sent in my money to get a Caribow Wolverine.  Has anyone shot one or have one?  What do you think of it.  I have a 28" draw so I think 58" should not be a problem.  If you have pics please post.  I ordered mine with Striped Ebony riser, beavertail wrap and rest, antler tips.  Actionboo core with clear glass limbs. I didn't get veneers as I needed to keep under $800.  Thanks for any info on this bow.  Ken

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribow Wolverine
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Hi Ken, congrats on a great bow! Have you read Pete Ward's review?   http://www.peteward.com/2009pages/test.caribow.wolverine.html   I myself ordered a Peregrine, since I have a longer draw-length. Its a diamond series riser (waterfall bubinga/ebony), bevertail wrap, quilted bubinga veneers. There are some cari-bow users here, I am sure they will react!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

Here are a few...
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
Nice bow Randy!   :thumbsup:  How mAny layers are those tips? 5?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
Ad, i honestly don't know. It is "purty" though! i like striped Ebony also.  That will make a pretty bow!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Randy Keene

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
BTW: is the Thumbstud UNDER the beavertail?
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
Yup, striped ebony is pretty! Perhaps I'll ask Abe to make my riser with striped ebony/waterfall bubinga!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
On this one, yes.  i had a red elm featherhorn that Abe cut the beavertail to allow it to show thru.
Ken, to answer your question...the wolverine is fast and perfect for a blind bow or where you need a shorter length.  The one above has foam limbs also. Abe makes a fine bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Randy Keene

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Flying Dutchman,

That was my hardest decision to make was to choose between the Peregrine or Wolverine.  Since I have a 28" draw I went with the shorter bow.  I really want black and white ebony but I am not sure if Abe can get it.  Ken

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
BTW,

How is the grip?  Per Pete Ward the grip is 5" around and Peregrine is 4 1/2".  I have asked Abe to make my grip smaller since I have small hands.  Thanks.  Ken

Offline oberon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
How about a side view from both sides of the riser?

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
i had Abe alter the grip on mine also by building the heel up. It works fine.  Be sure and post pictures when you get it!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Randy Keene

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Kluzakd,
The Wolverine is an excellent choice. I have shot a Wolverine belonging to Manitoba Stickflinger and loved it. It is very fast and the grip is awesome. I got a chance to hold a few other Wolverines that Abe had for sale and all the grips felt amazing. You will be happy with your new bow, now the wait begins. Congrats.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Earl,

Thanks.  I know that will be the hardest part.  Abe said he is up to 5 months wait now.  Ken

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
Talked to Abe today. Sure is a good guy to deal with. I shot a Wolverine last summer. Very fast longbow. I shot the Peregrine better but that's just me. I've owned a Cari-bow Taiga 3 piece recurve for 10 years now and it's still the only bow I own. I haven't found one I shoot better...although I shot a Kwik Stik I really liked! HMMMMM!

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Ken, In case you didn't see it already, here is a link to a video that my buddy Ryan "Manitoba Stickflinger" posted awhile ago of his 2009 bear hunt with his Cari-bow Wolverine. It's awesome footage, thought you might enjoy it. The wait for your Wolverine will be worth it, I really need to start saving up.

http://monarch-images.smugmug.com/gallery/11090907_kJgmu#782004846_7vvVB-A-LB
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
That was fun to watch again. Baits will go out next week...just wait for this years vid!! As far as the Wolverine...you'll be impressed!...Ryan

Offline gretchen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
Abe is as good as gold with service warranty and overall a great guy.Anything Abe touches will only be top notch.

Dewayne Martin
Lord help me when I aim!!

Offline BowZen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
I compleely agree with Dewayne, Anything Abe touches will be done correctly. I just received two bows from him. I have to say they are flawless and smooth as butter. He made a loyal custome out me.

karim

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
some pics of my Peregrine.

La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©