3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wisconsin tradgangers, Wisconsin deer and turkey expo in Madison  (Read 526 times)

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
We will be at the Madison Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Expo this weekend at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.  Drop by and see us at our booth if you are in the neighborhood.
John Berger  Mule Creek Outfitting.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wisconsin tradgangers, Wisconsin deer and turkey expo in Madison
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
I'll be in the neighborhood all weekend John.  What is your booth #?  I'm taking care of the Wisconsin Traditional Archers booth #704.
Looking forward to seeing you!!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:18:00 AM »
We will be there with Gene and Barry at the Brothers of the Bow booth. Please stop by and say hi. Mke

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
We are here already booths 630 and 632. What booth are you in?
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
I think our booth is 1725, outside wall on the main corridor to the food court and seminar rooms.   My son has been there since Thursday afternoon setting up the booth and he is going to be manning the booth by himself Friday.  I still work a regular job and will not be there until Saturday and Sunday.  I look forward to meeting up with all of you.

John Berger

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
I'll be working at the WTA Booth this afternoon, but first off I will check out the other booths.  Last year there were alot of Traditional booths, from bowyers to broadheads.

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
Sure, I get home today from having my hip replacement surgery and you guys are having fun at the expo without me    :mad:  

Wish I could attend but Humpty Dumpty is a little sore and not going to be getting out much for several weeks.

I was hoping to see Gene, Barry, Mike, Whip and a host of others at the expo..........Oh well, It will have to wait until another time.

I'm bored, so you guy's can just come to my house and play instead  
  :campfire:
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »
Glad to hear you came through it OK. You shouldn't be bored you've got all that rehab to do!

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
Kevin I hope all went well. Buddy had his done with two back also. The rehab is work but the pain is a good pain now.
You can play on the computer and stay off that hip for now.

I will be at the expo Sunday.

Will stop and say HI.

Tim
DEATHMASTER

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Somebody should take some pics and post them, that way I'll at least feel like I was at the expo.

I've been making laps around the house with my walker, my leg is swelling up pretty good, looks like I had better get into bed and get it elevated for a while.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Had to laugh today. My son and I were at the show. We picked up our No crossbow stickers at the WTA booth, then noticed that the booth next to them were selling crossbows...only crossbows!

Offline Iron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Wish i would of known about this, and that you guysall would be there. i woulda came on down!

Jason
"It is what it is,improvise, adapt, and get it done!"

Hunter's moon 49@28"
1973 Kodiak Hunter 55#@28"
1970 Kodiak Hunter 50#@28"
1970 Super Kodiak 45#@28"
1965 Kodiak magnum 47#@28"

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
The outfitter i guide for here in Manitoba "Bear Track Outfitters" his booth is two away from Gene and Barry's booth. So if you stop by Bear track's booth, tell him to blow the dust out of his wallet and go buy the Wenzel's and Mike's books......lol

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
The show was fun.  Went today and stopped in and talked to a bunch of folks.  Ended up buying books and sharpeners and 2011 Patron License.  All in all. . .  I'm broke.  When's the next paycheck.

I noticed a LOT of crossbows being offered, and a bunch of new inventions for outdoors fun.  As usual, the folks with the bear cubs were doing pictures again.  I almost paid the money just to get to hold and play with a griz bear cub.  They were tearing it up in their cages.  real cuties when they are 8 weeks old.

I guess I still get a bit uppity when I see a lot of the "make it easy" kinda gadgets.  Heck there was one thing there that was designed to make pulling the trigger easier.  Like. . .  how difficult is it now ?

How bout that treestand in the entry way. . .  I think I could have seated my whole family in that thing.  How the heck are you supposed to get it into the tree ?

Tons of clothing items, packs and other gear.  A fair amount of traditional gear was there.

It was fun.  Now I need to go hunting.  My turkey season starts Wednesday.  

I also met several folks there that wanted to go bowfishing this year.  You guys got Whip all riled up and smiling when he told me about all the fun he had down south just a bit ago.  Guess I need to get myself back into that as well.  I used to love that activity.
ChuckC

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
Had lots of folks stopping by the booth. Met Chuck C and he left with a great piece of equipment. Hopefully get out a bit tomorrow. Spent some time with the Brothers  of the Bow guys and Whip, Smiley, and Paul from Badger Arrows. Too
any gangsters to remember. We have been swamped. Good show for sure. Jake
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
I spent the whole day there Sat. at the WTA (Wisconsin Tradition Archers) booth and had a great time. Met a lot of people interested in our org. I hope all you people come out to the shoots and join up. We gave out a lot of anti crossbow stickers. I brought along the poster of Uncle Barry that my wife picked up at the PBS banquet two weeks ago. We set it up in front of the booth. Boy I got to tell you as much as I hate to admit it that thing is a real chick magnet. The guys would walk by and occasionally stop briefly to look. But it was usually the ladies that would stop and look it over for a while before moving on.

We even had a guy from the National Crossbow Federation stop by to try to sway our opinion. After a lengthy civil discussion he went away with out any one changing there minds. We have a resolution on the ballot at the annual Conservation Congress hearings tomorrow to change the age for anyone to use a crossbow in the archery season from 65 to 55 years of age. Fortunately here in WI we can express our opinion on fish and game laws by voting. All you cheeseheads make sure get out to vote.

Then we rounded out the day with a steak dinner with Whip, WTA prez Bob Daigle, Mike Mitton and the Wenzels. Good food, good company and good stories.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
It was nice to meet everyone again! Thanks Mike

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
Just got back.
The show is good every year. Many new items for sale.
Talked with Myles Keller some. Time at WTA and with Dwyers to touch there nice bows.
Many great people.
Love to go and see what is new and what did not make it the next year.
Great time by all.

Tim

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Chuck, part of my entertainment at the show every year is coming up with my own "Stupid Gimmick" award for new prodcts. The device to hell pull the trigger wins this year.

Runner up goes to the metal rod stick with a fork on one end to be used to prop up the head of a deer for pictures. Don't the trees grow forked sticks where the inventor of that one hunts??  Sure would hate to carry that around in my pack.

All in all, it was a fun weekend. Attendance seemed to be off some, probably because it was a pretty nice weekend outdoors. Would have preferred that myself.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©