3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tag draw?  (Read 421 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Tag draw?
« on: April 28, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
Someone please explain this. With 12 preference points the website shows there were 4 applications. It lists your chance of drawing at 1 in 1.0, or that you are guaranteed to draw....BUT they only list ONE tag drawn! I don't get it. If they drew 4 tags that would be a 1 in 1.0 chance of drawing. The way they have it it would be a 1 in .25% chance of drawing, wouldn't it?

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tag draw?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
I'm not sure how Oregon works. Do you mean there were 4 people who applied for 1 tag, and all four had 12 preference points? Or do you mean that IF you have 12 points, your chance of drawing is 1 in 1?

Sounds to me like only the guy with 12 points is guaranteed to draw.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
It was a Utah draw. There was 4 people listed with 12 pts. They listed the odds for drawing was 1 in 1.0,but they said only one tag was given out....?

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
That explains it, it was UT. Nobody really knows what really happens. I have a friend with 13 who did not draw and yet a father\\son who drew the same tag with less points. I feel for you it is very frustrating. All I can say is try next year with the rest of us. Steadman
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
Snag,

As a NR in UT, if there were 4 tags available, ONE goes to the person with the most bonus points, the other three are random draw.  If there were 4 people with 12 bonus points, your chances for that tag were 1 in 4, then you were 1 in however many NR applied in that unit for the other 3 tags.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©