3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got My Newbrunswick Tags Today!!!  (Read 947 times)

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got My Newbrunswick Tags Today!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Headed back to Newbrunswick Saturday morning for sit #2 Looks like its going to be good weather! Hope i can get Mr Big out in front of me @10 yards on the ground! I'll keep you posted!
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
Well guys! Not so good news! Sit 2 was good and bad! Got in the ground blind @ 5:30 and @6:00 the biggest bear i've ever seen came right in! (I Mean BIG) 6 yards broad side at 6 yards! (holy cow!)I waited for a broad side shot and drew and shot through a hole in branches of the blind! My arrow hit a little twig sending the arrow a little side ways. It hit where is was looking but had very little penetration! About 1 1/2 inches! I'm crushed!! My camera man says he thought is was way over 400lb . It was huge! Anyone think with a very little wound and with the rut in full swing that i'll get another crack at him?I guide in the fall, but ithink in the spring where food is so important and the sows in heat he may come back! We saw 5 bears in that one sit!!!Can't wait til next weekend for my next sit!WAS my 50 lb Black widow enough for this monster? By the way his back was 6 inches over the metel 55 gallon drum!
Tony
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Man thats a heart breaker. I would bet he comes back, especially if it was a minor wound. I missed one a few years ago up towards Renous that I shot a little foward and low. Dead center of his bicept. I was really upset with myself for woundind him on a fairly easy opportunity. The next week at the same bait another hunter made the proper shot and collected a beautiful limping 300lbs.boar. He said the bear circled almost an hour before cautiously easing into the bait. Hope everything works out for you. Maybe a bigger bear would move in if you have that much bear activity at your bait, looking for a sow.
  GLENN MOYER

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
I gotta agree, it indeed was a heart breaker, I think I cried myself to sleep that night HAHA!!!
 I'm sure he'll be back with some fresh sow in heat urine, the question is weather he will come back in daylight.
 There was very little blood, & it dried up pretty quick.
 It was still a great night with bears all around us while we were tracking the monster. The bait got hit while we were only 100yds behind it tracking.
 You'll have a chance to redeem yourself next Saturday, I bet you'll have a clear shooting lane eh??? HAHA!!!

That bait has now been named after you ole boy & the monster that roams those woods.............. "BIG" Tony

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Tony   I feel your pain!!  With the rut on and an active bait he will probably be back, especially since there will be no disturbance for a week. Try to rest easy and not worry about it. Good luck next week and keep us posted.    Jim

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Thanks guys! Man that was a big bear! Been hunting bears for 25 years and guiding for over 13 and have never seen a bear that big!I'll be dreaming of him for a long time !I'll make sure my lane is clean next weekend!Bring on the bear pee next week wes! What scent would you like me to bring next weekend?
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
Whatever you can get, jelly donut, corn.....whatever, that stuff is amazing!!!! Awesome cover scent also, I just have to remember to spray the back door, eh Tony....lesson learned.

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
I'll pick some up this week! I'll shower in it if i can see the big boy one more time!!!!Just one more chance!!!!!!!!!!
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
So what bait do you want to hunt this time??? HAHA!!!

One more chance!!!!!

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Big Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
"Big" Tony it is!!!
haha

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Tony  what arrows were you using?  I think i will be useing a heavier arrow this year. Hickory at about 800gr. total .

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Jim i was using the carbons you made for me with stinger on the tip! Bout 570 grains. I may try the cedar shafts and Ace heads this weekend!
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
good luck Tony and keep us posted. Just remember if he comes after you just run faster than Two Bulls.

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
He'll have to out run ME this Saturday!!!!   BWHAHAHA!!!!   :laughing:

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
Going to let the bear get me so you can steal by bow wes? Jim Dry fire not going this time! I'm hunting with my canadian bow hunting buddy this weekend!
Tony
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
If you decide to slap him with another arrow, we might find out if he prefers American or Canadian cuisine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Well Tony how did your hunt last weekend go. Did you get a big one?
GLENN

Offline Tony B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Well I never saw a thing! I had a smelly guide hunting with me!(haha)No it rained and we just saw no bears! Headed back tomorrow!Hunting a new bait!Got a couple weeks left!Thanks for asking Glenn! Will keep you posted!
Tony
Widows
PMAX
PCHX
>>>------->

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
Can't wait. Good luck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement