3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Travel/ Medical Insurance for the traveling hunter  (Read 154 times)

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Travel/ Medical Insurance for the traveling hunter
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »
For those of you that spend a lot of time in foreign countries what have you found to be the best insurance, what are the do's and dont's that you have found.

looking for mainly Australia and South Africa.

Whats your experience, advise, recommendations

cheers Andy
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Travel/ Medical Insurance for the traveling hunter
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
The NRA, and Safari Club offer it. I have the NRAs but I've never had to use it. I couldn't tell you one over the other but read the fine print I guess.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Andy,

Talk to your travel agent. I pay $150.00 year for family travel health coverage. No limit on health care costs as long as under 17 days per trip. Last year for Oz I paid them $45.00 for extended trip waiver. This is all you will need providing you get to medical facility. Not worth getting global Rescue etc unless you have sat phone. The above type coverage covers medi vac such as flying Dr. and Royal Flying Doc's in Oz. Mine is with RBC but i know Loyd's of London used to offer it.
hunt it

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Check out a company called Airmed International.  They sell cards for $250 a year.  They will come get you Anywhere in the world.  Fly you home in their private jets to any Hospital in the world.  I have worked personally with these folks and they are some of the best qualified knowledgeable and well equipped outfits I have ever encountered.

Brian
Spinning faster round the pole. Soon to old from chasing gold. Young hands wrinkle, hearts to stone. Dust to dust and ashes cold

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
If Airmed is the group out of Alabama, then they are the folks that the mission groups I've worked with in the past use most often. They seemed like a reliable group.
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 03:24:00 AM »
Yep Birmingham Alabama,
Spinning faster round the pole. Soon to old from chasing gold. Young hands wrinkle, hearts to stone. Dust to dust and ashes cold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©