3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: This years turkey challange..."Ghillie up"! (video up with finished product P.4)  (Read 999 times)

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter

And my 1st turkey with a bow.. It was awesome
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Figures.  I just got a bow I thought I didn't want a quiver on.  Pretty slick.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great job Curt .... that bow blind video was slick ... good luck to ya
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I had a blast this morning. I called in a nice longbeard to about 25 yds. I was standing leaning on one small tree and looking around another about the same size on my other side. I had buck brush in front of me but nothing behind me. I thought he'd come in that direction but no...lol he came from behind me. I was holding my bow as still as I could but I noticed the broadhead was moving as was my heart...lol He saw something he didn't like.

I had a blast! Maybe tomorrow. I won't be wearing the leafy stuff, it'll be back to my ghuillie.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Excellent work once again bud!
Those turkeys are in BIG trouble!    :thumbsup:

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt is a smart rascal!..he has got me wanting to make a ghillie.......i would not bet anyone he doesn't succeed in getting his blindless bird. The man is a thinker!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Than you fellas, I hope I can inspire some others, like some have inspired me!

Joey, without you posting that pic of your bow blind, I would have never had the idea for mine. I think it's going to be THE most important piece of the puzzle. Now if I can just pull it off    :pray:

I'll try to get some pix and video of the "finished product", of the whole system tomorrow.

Just finished putting the camo tape on Timex....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
Okay Curt, only one thing to say . . . U DA MAN!!!!  Pretty darn cool.  I have never really had the urge to hunt with a gillie, but a this has got me curious, sounds like it wasnt that much of a investment!  Who needs a blind, lol.  I have been hunting from the ground without a gillie for the last 2 years, and have been very, VERY close, but I think that gillie would create a new meaning of close  :) , keep the pics coming!
~Chris Shelton
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"~Ben Franklin

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I think Curt is a salesman for Jo Anne fabrics or Michael's maybe even the Jute Burlap factory. I want to make one my buddy Chris is already started and I'm willing to bet everyone who has seen this has had the thought of building guille suit.

Curt this s awesome. Just dont wear that thing to Shawn's I'll have to cut you out   :laughing:   .
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Curt you did some fine work. I bet it will pay off.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline hightop_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
A quick question I bought my ghillie 2 years ago and I can get the smell of burlap out of it I assume that if I can smell the burlap the deer definitely can ... any suggestions?

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
Place some "Earth Scent" wafers with it and sotre it in a ZipLock bag or a container.  You can also use natural vegetation from your hunting area such as pine fronds or cedar fronds.  

Good Luck eveyrone, and have fun getting real up close and personal.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool...Curt is coming from the "Dark Side" to where the light shines!     :thumbsup:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt, that bow blind is a great idea.  I may build only that and wear some leafy camo I have Well done.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good stuff right there!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
HH, If the deer can smell the burlap, they're gonna smell you!  I suppose if you leave it out in the fresh air, it'll fade eventually. Al's idea sounds pretty good as well to help maksk it a bit. My main concern right now is turkeys, and they can't smell!

Here's a short video showing the whole system(of course I won't be wearing sneakers, and I won't have that chartreuse arrow in my quiver). I think it was well worth the effort!

Bow with camo tape on it...
•  

DB tripod stool I'll use. Backrest is essential!
•  

I'll carry the ghillie suit, hat, bow blind, ans stool in this camo duffle while hiking...
•  
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Here's a video I did last week just to see how it looked during the building process. I've tweaked a few things since then, and I obviously don't have my hunting cloths on and turkey arrows in my quiver.

But it shows how well the draw arm movement is minimized by the bow blind...

Curt } >>--->   

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Curt that is great!! I sure could have used one of those on my antelope hunt last year. Might have to make me one. Thanks for posting.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad Gang continues to be a place where I pick up ideas about hunting that I would have never imagined.  I love this thread.  It is classic Trad Gang ingenuity mixed with some stubborn do it yourself desire.  I love it!  Great job Curt.

When I first looked at the mini bow arm blind I thought, "that's dumb." "Why did he put all that clutter on the bow."  Then I saw what it was for and I was like..."I'm dumb for not thinking about something like that."  

Nice work Gentlemen.  

Chris
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
That bow blind certainly hides your draw Curt! I really like it!
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©