3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Magnus stingers 4 blade or 2 blade, which are you using for deer/hogs?  (Read 161 times)

Offline inthere10x

• Trad Bowhunter
Magnus Stingers 4 blade or 2 blade, which are you using for deer/hogs? Or the Magnus Buzz Cut. Getting ready to tune a bow trying to decide on the Magnus Stinger 150grn 2 blade or 150grn  4 blade. I may have to dropped down to the 125Grn.

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
I have used both.Both are excellant.I would not hesitate to use either style personally.Typically the 2 blade is gonna penetrate better.Especially if you strike bone.The 4 blade may give a better blood trail.The bleeders are not very big on the 4 blade.Its still pretty low profile with the bleeders.Which I like.Pick your poisen.

I like the 150s

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
i used the 4 blade and they do the trick just fine on hogs and deer both

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
I've used both on deer and have to agree with Steelhead.2 blades tend to penetrate a little better but I prefer the 4 blade for catching more blood vessels on the way through.Great heads.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
I use the 150 gr. 2 blade myself just because of personal preference.  Like everyone has said you can't go wrong either way.  I started using them 5 years ago and honestly will not use another brand as long as I can get them.

As far as the regular or buzzcut that again is a personal preference.  I personally do not like a serrated edge of any kind on a broadhead.  If you think about it, wouldn't you rather be cut than ripped?  Again it's a preference of my own and I mean no disrespect in any way towards anyone who uses a serrated blade.

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
I've used both for deer and elk but not hogs. Been using the 4 blade for as long as they've been on the market. They're easy to get spooky sharp and most animals never knew what hit em and drop within eyesight. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Offline Straitshot

• Trad Bowhunter
I use the two blade 150gr. Buzzcut with a 100gr. screw in insert. Here is a picture of the entry wound on a decent buck I took last year. The exit wound was the same size. Left a blood trail my two year old grandson could follow.

Louis

A man's true measure is not found in what he says, but in what he does.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©