3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got My New Beeler Longbow Friday  (Read 974 times)

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got My New Beeler Longbow Friday
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by LPN:
ishoot4thrills,,I recognize that bow,,Only bow I've ever come to regret selling,,can't wait for Dave to get up and running again.
Yes, I know what you mean there. I really liked that bow. It seemed to shoot hard and it was very easy to shoot well. Only thing is, I'm a "one bow man" and I saw a Custom Predator recurve that I just had to have(and I do love it!). So, as hard as it was, I had to sell the Beeler to buy it. It was a very, very tough decision. Believe me, I really wish I could have afforded to keep them both. The osage Beeler was awesome looking too.    :(
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline LPN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
Outstanding bows,Outstanding man,,customer service should have his pic beside it in the dictionary. He's starting up again after this year and adding a couple of longer bows to his line. I'll be puttin' and order in then.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
WOW!!

I really like those Beeler Bows.  One day I am gonna get one.  I check 'em out every time someone posts a pic of theirs.

Nalajr

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »
You wouldn't go wrong Nala.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »
Well, I got another Beeler bow in today. It was a trade with someone who wanted a heavier bow. Didn't get to shoot it today (back problem) but I'm really looking forward to it. That's three of them now. Dannyboy, how many do you have? You know, some things you just can't get enough of.   :archer2:

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Need pics of that one too Don!

How you gonna sleep at night hoarding all those Beelers?   :help:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Braveheart, I sleep good at nights. I made the mistake of selling my original Beeler to a friend who begged for it. (This is the bow that won the "Eagle Eye" competition at Denton Hill in 2008.) My wife was mad at me for 6 months or so for that. Only when I bought it back did she get over it.

I'll get some photos in a day or so. This back problem has sure slowed me up.

Don Ward

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Wow Don you were right, they are some real beauties.  I love that black one you just got, I'd just call her Black Beauty.  Like they say, "nuff said".  :thumbsup:  
  Oh BTW that quiver worked out real nice, and it does seem to make the bow more stable, and even a little quieter.  Thanks guy.......except now I think I "NEED" a Beeler.  :archer:

Offline L. Bullington

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
A fine looking bow!  :thumbsup:

:archer2:

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
Don,
I've just got the one Osage/Bocote now. I may be letting it go soon though. I am so crowded living in my sailboat that I can't finish the restoration on her. I need to get down to two bows, Take-Downs only. I'll keep my Pronghorn, and I am expecting my 2pc Big Jim Buffalo bow any day now. My storage unit costs are going up all the time too, and I don't see the point in having bows sitting in a storage unit. Better for someone to use and enjoy them. I'm rounding-up shipping boxes for them and will be listing my last few one-piece bows shortly. You have first dibs on the Beeler, shoot me a PM if you still want it.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline GREASEMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:  Very Nice!

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Anyone own more than 3 Beeler bows? Braveheart, I remember for several months after I sold mine that I didn't have a Beeler bow, and how my shooting suffered. Now I have a back up and even a back up for it. Shooting is starting to come back , and I'm sleeping good again.  What else could a person ask for?

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
I think 3 Beelers is currently about half a years production worth.  Having 1 is an accomplishment, 3 probably makes you the undisputed king of Beelers.  :jumper:

Offline Fourarrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
Very nice looking bow you have there!

Offline icentropy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »
I just received a (new to me) Beeler R/D longbow. it's a 58" AMO 49#@29". not sure on wood type and it's my first longbow of any kind. The string I got with it is definetely not set up for the bow. The brace is around 7.5" nock height was over 5/8" high and there were 4 silencers on it. It shoots very tail high and loud
(using arrows I have dialed in for my 50# recurves). I'm thinking the previous owner couldn't get it dialed in. I was hoping to get some info on starting brace height and what you guys recommend? also is nock height more or less the same for recurves as it is for R/D longbows? Normally mine are around 3/8" high...

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2017, 11:15:00 PM »
Still have my Beeler Tracker longbow and it iS my go to bow for hunting. My brace height is six inches. My bow is 56 inches, 44 lbs at my draw length, and shoot 2114 Easton Camo aluminum shafts at 26 1/2". The Beeler bow is a very versatile bow. If you will experiment with every aspect of your bow you will eventually have a well tuned bow.

Offline icentropy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2017, 09:13:00 PM »
RonD, is that a 56" string bow or 56" AMO (so more like a 53" string? I ask because if it's the same as mine (around 58" AMO (measuring around 56" long when strung) then the brace height on mine is way off. right now it's around 7.25" which is at at the limit of the string it came with. to get down into the 6's on brace I'd need to make a new string for it. I was hoping ot get a hold of Dave Beeler to see if he could suggest a brace height range for my particular bow but no luck yet.

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
Ricardo, make a string long enough to raise or lower the brace height so as to experiment with the brace height. My bow is 56". One thing is for sure, and that is unlike the compound we do not receive them ready made and tuned. I make my strings at 54" on my string board. This is based only on my experience.

Offline icentropy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2017, 10:28:00 PM »
Ron, thanks for the info. So if you're making a 54" string it's probably gonna be closer to 55" when stretched. That'd mean the bow is probably the same as mine (approx 58" AMO). I'm definetely going to have to make a similar string to see what a 6" BH will do. I'm really curious now.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »
I kinda forgot about Beelers...always wanted one.  Very nice bows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©