3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what hunter would steal  (Read 616 times)

Offline twostrings

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what hunter would steal
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Sorry jtwalsh62

Offline stickytoes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
sorry to hear. i will never forget the first stand stolen from me....i looked and looked until it finally dawned on me that someone stole it....kinda took the wind out of my sail

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Really sorry to hear about that. Most likely the person is not a hunter and was just looking for anything to pay for their next few days of meth.

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
Another sad experience, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  It seems like that type of behavior is getting to be all too common.

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Have to agree with Bjorn. The market is alive with thieves that can make a living poaching on others. I live out in the sticks and still lock up tight when I leave.
6 years ago I left my residence just on the outskirts of town for an hour to have lunch with a old close friend. When I returned someone had broke in and stole 2 handguns that weren't locked up in the safe and 70% of my knife collection that I'd started collecting when I was a teen.
 Two of the individuals were caught with 1 of the handguns in a drug related bust a couple months later.
 The guy lived abot 1/4 mile away and they had been casing my place and habits.
 I did get back a nice Ruger stainless 22 target pistol but the 9mm SS Beretta 92 and none of the knives were ever recovered.
 The court did send them on a expense paid 2 year vacation but did not require that they pay restitution.
 These guys were actually holding merchandise in there rented house and garage until they had enough of a load to rent a truck and pawn it off out of state 100's of miles away.
 Justice may have been done but the agrieved were not reciprocated.
 Hope they get run over by a Mack truck.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
I hear ya!! Went to hunt my fav. spot last season just to come to a empty tree!Yep steps & stand stolen.A week later with lock-on & climbing stick in hand,climbed up and shot the buck you see to the left.I hope he/they are not so fortunate with the stuff they steal!!
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Nothing. That is what a hunter would steal. A thief will take anything he can. Good luck with your turkeys and Good Hunting!

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Since all the other stuff was still there is there any chance it could have blown away? I've had that happen and found it in a fence quite aways away.  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
I lost a blind and a tree stand. I hate loosing them both but I really hated it for Jefferson who I had loaned the tree stand to. It was stolen off of his own property which adjoins public land.

I'm sorry for your loss.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss. I've had tree stands stolen myself. I know how you feel.

Offline Earthdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 03:09:00 AM »
Hope they live the lives they deserve.

Sorry for your loss.
Winning or losing is not the important thing,,the important thing is how well you played the game.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »
Unfortunately every year I here of someone that has had a trail cam, ground blind or treestand taken. I just do not understand that way of thinking,I guess only the incompetent would. I lost all of my guns on my birthday one year to some gang bangers, I have even seen people cut down trees to get stands. As far as what kind of hunter would steal,not one in my camp. These type of people are nothing but bottom feeders they can't even be considerd a true hunter.

Online ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 05:28:00 AM »
put an add in the paper saying something along the lines of, "to the person who stole my blind you have been caught on my game camera, you can return it or hear from the police".
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 05:39:00 AM »
sad thing.thieves are not real hunters or real men.they steal because they are to cheap to buy themselves one or just plain and simple are worthless.i have an old saying i use when something of mine is stolen.....if he can live with it i can live without it.....unfortunately someone who steals things may not even give a damn either way.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
Thieves are people who don't have anything and don't want anyone else to have anything either. Checking the pawn shops is a good idea, but you'd need identifying marks on the gear and have reported it stolen to get it back without paying for it again. Labelling your gear and reporting any theft may be a necessary extra effort.
My uncle told me of fishing in Newfoundland and seeing potatoe patches planted along the roadside."Won't someone steal those potatoes?", he asked. His guide looked at him as though he was crazy - "Who would steal your potatoes?" was the reply.
Apparently jt's neighbour would.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
He or She is not a hunter there a Thief that is all, a true Hunter dose not steal from other Hunter,
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
We have alot of that type of scum here in the north east! I lost 4 chain on treestands and one ladder stand one year( all were locked up and on family,posted land! A couple years later, caught a guy hunting from one of our ladder stands that was so locked up it would have taken a chain saw and severl hours to get it out! we had him charged with trespass! He got a fine for 25.00,thats it!! IT IS TOO BAD WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE LOW LIFE SCUM BAGS,THEY RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE!!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Sadly, this type of thing has become common place in our society. Last year, I went into the woods opening day, only to discover my ladder stand was stolen. I tried to make the best of it by hunting one of our hang-ons. Unfortunately, they were gone as well! Last year we came upon a guy in there without permission. He was very easy to find as we just followed the dope smoke. Gee, I wonder if there could be a connection?
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  I can't understand some people.  I was walking thru the Nat'l forest behind my property about a month ago and found someone's trail camera, feeder and blind at the edge of the forest.  I had no temptation to take it because it wasn't mine.  Guess we were raised different than some...
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Sounds like somebody that needs a good ole'  country -!%whoopin. I'll take care of it for you if you can find him.    :mad:  
He'll get what's coming too him eventually.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©