3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do you do off season?  (Read 1592 times)

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
What do you do off season?
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
What are your archery correlated activities off season?
I shoot every single day and scout on the week end,build new arrows and sharpen broadheads.Full time PRO Bowhunter here.Damn,I also buy new bows.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline elktalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you do off season?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
I've got a great 40 target 3-d course here local that is set up year round that is the best one I've seen.just went there yesterday w/ Elknutz,good times, good practice, and good friends what more do you need.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
I am fortunate not to have an off season from hunting in GA. We can hunt rooters year round but I do shoot every night at the house and get over club a couple times a week to shoot 3D's. Also do a lot of stump shooting while looking for pigs and shooting areas for deer season.

Offline Mack_S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
I'm lucky enough to live a 5 minute walk from my local range and shoot just about everyday.  We also have hogs year round here in California, so our season never really ends either.

-Mack
-Mack

Offline walkabout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
i build bows/ arrows and shoot in my backyard in the off season so far, and scout hunting spots for the next year. soon im going to find a local club i can shoot 3d at, but right now work takes alot of my time.
Richard

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
Gets to damn cold to shoot outdoors during the Winter here so I usually pummel a sack full of bags in the apartment till Spring hits. Then stump shoot as often as possible and hunt the few rodents the Province allows, although they only let us hunt the ones I rarely see. Thank goodness for Bear season which started on Saturday. Now if only I had a bow.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Is there an off season?

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
I try to shoot everyday but during the summer the heat becomes to much so i shoot in my basement( 10yds ).

I am always tinkering with my trad bows and it makes the summer months pass a little faster.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
Shoot, shoot and more shoot. Hog hunt, work on arrows, equipment, stands etc. mShoot some more, go fishing once in awhile and mow the grass.
bolong

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Hunt woodchucks, carp and stumps and wait for the next season to open! Hunt squirrels and yotes From close of our deer season in december to close of yote season in end of march! april i'm out scouting turkeys for Our may season,june thru end of sept. woodchucks and or bow fish!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
July and August are the only months nothing really going on, and we just shoot getting ready for whitetail.Scouting and trail camera operations from August through November. Sept/Feb Whitetail, fall turkey. March is usually  travel to hunt South,ie Hogs. April/May Spring Turkey. June/July bowfishing.

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
I shoot a DART league from Jan-May. Make bunches of arrows for the 3D season. 3D shoots from April -Sept. Shoot everyday.Hopefully get some bowfishing in this year. Make spare strings and break them in...plenty to keep me busy
67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
BOWFISH!!!  :D
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
Fly fish my local stream. 3D and stump shoot.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
I shoot a lot of indoor paper, field, and 3D. I also spend a bit of time bowfishing.

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Off season???
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Offline Bill Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
I try to practice at least every other day.  Hunt hogs, turkey season is in until the end of April.  Paddle my kayak up the river and check for fresh hog sign, then go hog hunting.  Deer season starts the 15th of Oct and lasts until Jan 31st.  Bill

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I think I have killed something every month of the year, I'm with HP, OFF season?!

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
this is a nonstop endevor.There are just different phases.Feb.is a slow month march-aug. re group buy bows, reup on supplys, an shoot alot of 3-d, scout, plan trips, save my money.Feb I ponder the season an think about what I may change the next year.the worst thing I ponder about in Feb. is the very painful misses.these expearances will make me a better bow hunter.I tell my self that all the best bowhunters miss.but it dosent make the pain go a- way however you do gain growth from year to year.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »
3-D

Dart Target System (virtual hunting, which has helped me pick a spot better than any other type of practice.

Stump shooting, which is some of the best practice in my opinion for learning your arrows flight path. Unknown distances make your brain focus and help creat that built in range finder.

Train in Mixed Martial Arts for conditioning. It really helps for elk season, maintaining a good diet, and keeping the weight off.

Paul
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©