3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who is using their iphone as a GPS  (Read 325 times)

Offline Blackhawk7204

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who is using their iphone as a GPS
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »
You can use the iphone or many of the other high tech smart phones for web browsing and emails but the small screen makes it a little difficult (at least for older eyes).
 I like my laptop better for sending emails and browsing but my iphone is always with me so I will check email on it.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who is using their iphone as a GPS
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 02:50:00 AM »
I have to admit to using it the last day of the season last year. I was going in just to check everything out and then going to hunt a friends farm for does so I left my compass and gps in the truck. Well, as luck would have it while I was walking out I saw the big buck we had been after jump up and run into the swamp. I went in after him and lost track of him and where I was. Never had been in there before. Nice and thick and all flatland with nothing to guide myself by. After about an hour of maybe this way. Nope, let's try over here, nope. I took out my phone and called my brother to ask him to park on the road to honk the horn. I hung up the phone and said to myself "you dummy" typed in the name of a nearby store and hit directions. The first leg was from my location to the road so I followed it out and called my brother back to say I was fine. Worked pretty well I must say.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©