3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: grizzly or kodiak mag.?  (Read 1352 times)

grizzly or kodiak mag.?
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
im looking to get another bow, and would like to here what others think of theese two bows, actualy im leaning toward the kodiak mag, but havent shot one yet,        opinions welcome,    and thanks.  :confused:

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: grizzly or kodiak mag.?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
What your draw length???
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
im drawing about 27"

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Any one would be good. I had a vintage K-Mag and loved it. There is a Grizz in the classifieds ya may want to check out.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
il have a look, thanks.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
I have both and love them both! Tend to lean towards the k mag but only cause it's shorter. I hunt in tight places. I think eitherway you'll be happy! Good luck and enjoy! Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
Mr. 30,

I'd advise you get the Kodiak Mag but that's because I'm really biased having hunted with one (50# @28") for more than thirty years!    :D
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
thats what i wanna hear. any one else have any experience with these bows?

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
I like the Grizzly but then again i like a 58" bow. My Grizzly is a good shooter in fact I own two of them they are both future wood and both 45#
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
IMO, you are talking two very different bows. I have both and they each have their own place.

I like the K-mag for tight quarters and the Grizz for every day shooting. If I'm going to use the Mag for hunting, I have to shoot it for an extended period of time to "acclaimate" myself to it.

The Grizzly fits me better thus I tend to prefer it. My Grizzlies are all pre'63 thus 62".

In your shoes I would get both. You can find both for the cost of an inexpensive custom.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline edward zannoni

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
I have both and can't speak bad on either,my bow that i favor the most is the kodiak magnum!its great in any terrian,bushes,stand or blind.i draw 29" and had my first k-mag for 26 years. that was a hand me down- its a 1968 and still shoots great!!

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
both    :)

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
i love the look and the manouvrability of the KMag,for sure the Grizzly is a little bit more confortable,so I'll say BOTH.LOL
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
I have a K-Mag and really enjoy it. It has a nice "pointability" about it. Mine is 55# and do have to warm up a bit first.
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
Get one of each. They are very affordable. Both are great shooters and You can't go wrong with either one!

Offline poison arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
That's a tough one. I think with your draw you should get the kmag. You are going to love the size and angles of it. I have a few of them and draw 29 1/2. I also have grizzlies try to get both and try for Grayling era bows.

Offline erierik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
I have a 70'56"grizzly and love it.Had a mid 70's 58" futurewood Grizzly and liked it very well,and had a 59'62" Grizzly and liked it very well.My draw is 28"...Never shot the K-mag.One thing I noticed about Grizzlys is how well and smooth they shot for me.I shot about 10-15 other bows when I bought the 58"Grizzly and kept going back to the Grizz.I have only been shooting trad since since last fall.I did shoot a widow and a martin hunter that I liked very well but they were out of my budget.I think for the money the vintage Grizzlys are  hard to beat in my limited experience.Good luck with your choice sounds like they are both great bows.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Like everyone else is saying, with your draw length, you can't go wrong with either. I have limited experience with the Grizzly, but own two vintage K-mags and love them. They don't suit everyone though, and I would strongly recommend shooting both before you buy if possible. Also, I would look for a Grayling era version of either bow.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
I have hunted and shot these vintage models a lot. Both are nice, but the Grizzly is much smoother and more accurate shooting for me and that may not mean a lot for you. Shoot them both a lot and form your own opinion.

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
I have 2 grizzlys a 55# super grizz and a green and black future wood grizz at 58#. The Super grizz was my very first bow, I still like it the best of all of my bows. I also have a late model K-mag I am still on the fence with this one it is a 60#er. also own a Black Panther Hunter which is also a 52" bow and I shoot it quite well. BUY BOTH and then decide, I bet you keep them both!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©