3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My wife wants to move to GEORGIA!  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Mechslasher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My wife wants to move to GEORGIA!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »
i grew up and live near the savannah river here in s.c. about an hour from augusta.  i think augusta/macon area would be a good bet if you have your heart set on ga.  for excellent hogs, head down toward vidalia.  there are several midsize towns here in s.c. that would be worth looking into.  greenwood, anderson, edgefield, and aiken would be some excellent choices.  any of these towns would put you beside sumter national forest, 120,000 acres of public land with some of the best whitetail hunting in the south.
"There is beauty and magic in a drawn bow."

Cade (SC)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »
here's a vote for north Georgia. lots of bear, deer,turkeys and hogs. Unlike New Jersey you can shoot the Bears instead of just lokking at them.
Lots of public land hunting on WMAs including the Cohutta wilderness. there are a bunch of Tradgangers who live in Cherokee county, within coommuting distance of Atlanta.

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
......lived all over but really liked Savannah GA area....coastal fishing in the summer and deer and pigs to shoot the rest of the year.....no snow to speak of and only the random hurricain every few years.......
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
KentuckyTJ grits need to be cooked low and with patience(not the 5 min. grit).I was stationed in NC and loved the people and the way of life.They actually say "hi how are you" and mean it,not just a ploy to get your wallet.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
If you REALLY want to fit in Timothy, remember that grits not only need to be slow-cooked, but pronounced with TWO syllables.... "Gree-uhts!"   :rolleyes:  

Good luck in your search!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Avid Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
lpcjon2, if Georgia is on your mind "haha", and with the careers ya'll have, being in or near a metro area will be a must.

If being near salt water rings your bell then go to Savannah or Brunswick. Lots of great fishing plus hogs, hogs, and more hogs, good deer hunting too.

If you want a little more seasonal weather and gently rolling terrain go inland a hundred miles or so. Columbus has a lot of growth going on and more to come from what I hear with the Fort Benning expansion. Also great deer and hog hunting. Macon and Augusta are also have great hunting opportunites, not so sure about the job markets there, but definatly worth checking into.

I would stay the H3LL away from Atlanta if at all possible, unless you like a two hour commute to travel 25 miles.

If the mountains are more your thing maybe the extreme northwest corner of the state. I had a friend that lived in Walker Co. and it was a really nice place to live. Good deer hunting a few hogs, but the biggest dang turkeys I believe I ever saw. Chattanooga TN is plenty close enough to commute to work.

Good Luck,
Dave

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
South TN. ....Gods Country. RP  :D
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
I love these threads.   It is fun to hear about great spots for hunting and to hear people brag about their homes.  Nothing wrong with that.

But dude, if you have kids, think schools, not hunting.  Funny thing - higher taxes usually means better schools.

Good luck.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve H.:
I always figured the south was so hot that God only put the real sinners down there.  How could he love someone and put them in such a HOT place!

(God loves Steve and Olin and put them in a COOL place!)
...haha...I'm with you on this Steve. Too hot, humid, buggy...sorry guys from the South. But that way we all don't head to the same place!   :thumbsup:
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by lpcjon2:
KentuckyTJ grits need to be cooked low and with patience(not the 5 min. grit).I was stationed in NC and loved the people and the way of life.They actually say "hi how are you" and mean it,not just a ploy to get your wallet.
:clapper:        :biglaugh:  

Passed that one with flying colors. You also need to practice waving at everyone you pass on the road (even if they are in a passing car).

Oh yeah one more test...Can you say "Yall" correctly for me in a sentence.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
South Illinois is nice plus we don't have alot of dog pecker nats buzzin' ya when you are huntin' and we have big whitetails. As far as jobs go, other than more meth labs per square inch than any other place on earth, there isn't alot of violent crime. The forensic opportunities would be tough but I bet you could use your skills on alot of bloodtrails here   :)
Mike Davenport

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
Where I grew up, the stuff that looks like grits is what we called "chicken feed".

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
Move to Athens Georgia...live there, UGA, great football, great hunting, near Atlanta, not all that far from the coast...I wish I was still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
UGA Footbal???/HAhHHAHAHahahahahHAHHHhahahh

Tha's funny.....
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
TEXAS      H

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
If you want good hunting, move west. MT, CO, ID, and WY to name a few great states.

"The West is the best"-Jim Morrison
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline KAYO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
Boise Idaho.  :thumbsup:  
Go Broncos.

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
Illinois is not a hunter friendly state.  Outside of liberal archery regulations, if you plan to own guns, like to shoot guns, want to carry guns, or ever hunt anything with guns... stay out of illinois.

If you are a tried and true archery ONLY hunter, you might get by OK in Illinois.
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
:thumbsup:   Call me when you get settled!   :archer:   Might want to come visit!   :archer:    :archer2:

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
I would take anywhere the hunting is great, it doesn't get over 60 degrees and no bugs.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©