3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My wife wants to move to GEORGIA!  (Read 1036 times)

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
Re: My wife wants to move to GEORGIA!
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
Iowa?  I think my place will be on the market soon.  I have some nice big old whitetails in my backyard every night:)  Not sure that we have enough murder around here to keep you in work.  Not complaining!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
It is confirmed by the wife Georgia sweet Georgia.So you Georgia boys please give me the best city to live in.Thanks
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
KentuckyTJ I recon I could if I was over yonder in yall's area
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline 684Kevin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
Western KY if I had a choice.  Near Murray/KY lake region.  Friendly people,  lots of outdoor hunting & fishing sports.  Climate is not too hot and nasty humid in summer or bone chilling cold in winter.

Offline Kurt Miller

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Don't know how close you need to be to a bigger city, but I life 45 minutes south of Atlanta.  I am a fairly new transplant here, but can give my experience if you want. Depending on your needs there are quite a few different options within the ATL area.  Mountains north, lots of rural land and public hunting, plus leases in most every direction depending on desire or need to commute to "big city".  I live on the edge of a nice suburb and have killed a deer and just missed a turkey in my own yard with trad gear (foxes, yotes, and occassional bobcat in back yard too. Hogs in many places.  Lots of critters and bigger lots available on south side.  So many other options though.  Athens, etc. PM if you want what little advice I have.  In any case, good luck.  Some great trad gangers are locals too!

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2010, 02:11:00 AM »
You SHould move to Staten Island!!
   :laughing:

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
If I were to move to any southern state I think it would be Tenn....PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline longbow55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »
I would have gone with KY, AR, or TN, in that order. Love the mountains.
I always hit where I'm aiming, but rarely where I'm looking.

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
Look into Kansas City, MO, Lots of jobs great hunting and public land. I made the move from Western MD in 78 with no regrets.

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
Higher taxes don't necessarily mean better schools.  But it DEFINITELY means less money in your pocket. In Texas we have really good schools in many areas, bad ones in others.  Downtown Houston has HUGE taxes and their schools are generally not good.  The taxes are less in the suburbs but the schools are almost always very good.  Our hunting is good but you won't find anything for free here.  A lease is pretty much a must but as a bowhunter they can be found for a reasonable amount.  We hunt here pretty much year-round so that is sure a plus.  The people in Texas are friendly.  Do work on the accent though before you get here!
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Madison, Georgia
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »
Good suggestion Bmoeller, Madison is a small town, clean and has just about everything you could need. Good deer and turkey huntin too.
About an hour to ATL.

I'm near Macon but wouldn't feel comfortable suggesting it to anyone. It's 3 hours to the Savannah coast and 3.5hrs to the gulf coast. We have loads of deer, turkey and hogs although the best hoggin is about an hour south of here on the Flint River. 2 hrs. to bear huntin and trout fishing and if you're flying out, ATL airport is 1.5 hrs away or you can fly out of Macon. Deer season is 4 months long and you get 12 tags, turkey is 8 weeks and you get 3 tags, hogs are year round, no limit. You can bowfish year round and fill in fishing the coasts.

I considered moving to Montana several years ago but their deer season is so short and then unles you ski, you have 3 months of snow and COLD.

Downside, it gets HOT here for a month or so in the middle of summer. That's when we work to make money for the upcoming fall seasons 8-) We switch the bowfishing over to nighttime.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
go west young man go west.  :D  elk...elk and more elk.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »
Go west to southern Colorado or Arizona. The bodies will be stacking up in those states in the near future and plenty of social work for the wife. Plus you can hunt elk.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »
You guys! You get one elk tag and season lasts how long? Then you have to live there another 364 days before you hunt another one!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline imhntn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Oklahoma is a great place.  Good friendly people, good hunting for lots of different game and the western half of the state is pretty open.  Lots of public hunting land.  Lots of different eco systems from alligators and nutria in the SE corner to mountains and merriams in the northwest.  Three kinds of turkey can be killed in Oklahoma.  Lots of pheasant, good whitetail country over most of the state and mulies in the west.  Great people.  Give it some thought.
2 Timothy 2:2

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by lpcjon2:
KentuckyTJ I recon I could if I was over yonder in yall's area
Dang Tim, You and youruns are welcome in Kentucky anytime if they won't have yall in Georgia.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
Thanks TJ, I was looking at Calhoun and did check Madison.Is the northwest park of Georgia a good choice? And why are the homes all very cheap,you can get a lot of house for 150G's.Whats the best way to go about the search.I have checked the town's website but they are more tourist informative.I like the historic aspect of Savannah,but fear the crime in that area.This is becoming a heck of a challenge getting good info.Any help would be great
—President Ronald Reagan

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by imhntn:
Oklahoma is a great place.  Good friendly people, good hunting for lots of different game and the western half of the state is pretty open.  Lots of public hunting land.  Lots of different eco systems from alligators and nutria in the SE corner to mountains and merriams in the northwest.  Three kinds of turkey can be killed in Oklahoma.  Lots of pheasant, good whitetail country over most of the state and mulies in the west.  Great people.  Give it some thought.
Last I checked, Oklahoma was full.

Offline FOXXNTROUT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
I would say SC, but jobs are hard to come by. GA, TX, ARK would be my points of interest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©