3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Flemish string ?  (Read 129 times)

Offline BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
Flemish string ?
« on: April 24, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
Are 2 bundle strings just as good as 3 bundle strings?

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flemish string ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
Yes in my opinion,I have made both.Sometimes I make 3 bundle to have all three different colors.I've heard that 3 bundles may have  alittle more strength,but have never had a problem with 2 bundle strings.I make a 3 bundle,for like a 18 strand dacron 6 per bundle,I feel it helps make a rounder string when using so many strands.But these days with the strength of the newer strings I use less strands per bundle so I just do a 2 bundle strings most of the time.Most of my 3 bundle strings have been made with dacron.Either way will work fine with a well made string.

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
I find that 3 bundle is a little rounder and gets rid of the arrow just a fraction faster. Some people prefer this. Jim Pyles

Offline BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
Can I make a 2 bundle 18 strand D-97?

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
Bucky you have my permission to make it!   :laughing:    I like two bundles but add accent colors to each bundle and it really sets off the string to me...I just had to say that but you can make it however you like but the more strands can slow things down a little but I like a heavier string myself and just started in making them Skinny strands and padd the loops with some B-50..

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
Two bundles can be made as round as 3, if you get the backtwist correct.  The bad part about 3 is it's harder to keep even bundle tension, which is important.

You can make an 18 strand D-97, but that's overkill unless you are shooting 150 lbs or more.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©