3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Therma-Cell  (Read 457 times)

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Therma-Cell
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
Suckers are amazing. My wife made me buy one  :p  She is a big magnet. Sit on the porch in the evening to chat, go inside and she has bug bites all over and I would never know there were any bugs around. Now I fire it up and put it under her porch chair and life is good. Did,nt know about the holster have to check into that.
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
as i sit here scratchin my skeeter bites, think il have to get one  of those things... soon.  :rolleyes:

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
Yep Bass Pro usually has good deals on them.I have 2 of them.Don't leave home without them.I hunt pigs during the summer when mosquitos are the worst in short pants.They work great.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline stickbowhafe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
Found mine on that famous online auction place for a very good deal...might be worth doing a search on there.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
In regards to the holster--it is not designed to wear the Thermacell around on you while moving about, at least that's what the product info that comes with it says.  I use mine to strap it to a tree limb or the stand.  Some guys do use it for mobile hunting but I have not tried it.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline willob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Where can you get cheap butane refilles?  I've heard that Walmart sometimes carries them for non-electric hair dryers but I have not found them in Indiana.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
The holster works great for walk around hunting. I put it on my belt in the back and it works great. If you wear a pack, strap it to the pack. I have used mine here on Guam and there are lots of skeeters in the jungle, never get bit, also used it in the swamps of Georgia and South Carolina and again, no worries about bugs. Well worth the money and more.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »
The Bass Pro 14.99 jobbers are a special product made for them as bait, or so I am told by Bass Pro staff.  They are a smaller unit than the regular size Thermacell. They sell out quickly.  Good to save money but the extra dollars are quickly forgotten when you click that button and the mosquitoes go away.  

In Louisiana we have so many mosquitoes you would pay any price while out on the stand to get rid of them.

Do you find yourself buying refills at different times of the year to stock up and forget you have several already?

There is something about this product.

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©