3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Jude Turkey Hunt (from last year) Realized  (Read 981 times)

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Jude Turkey Hunt (from last year) Realized
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 06:19:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing that Bernie!   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
As Always a fantastic report Bernie. By the way , wills girlfriend is Whitney. (not a typo). lol. Great job on the photos. I think most of my photos can't be put up but I sent them to michael and will forward them to Bernie for his personal collection.

I hear ya Biggie, the stew and the rib would have driven the price up for sure.He hadn't shot the gator yet at the time the hunt was bid off. your nose was probably itchin though, because your name was mentioned more than once over the weekend.

Michael did have a close encounter with his bow. I'll leave that story to him.

Corey was Corey all weekend. upbeat and excited. He sat in a blind one morning and had a gobbler at 20yds. he held off waiting for a slamdunk which never came. As my dad always says "the time to shoot a bird, is when you see a bird".

Michael, thanks again for your generous donation and make sure to show woods the pics. good luck in Nov.

thanks to all who have bid on any item in the st judes auction.  a $5 item or a $5000 dollar item. every little bit helps.

John Dill ,, consider yourself on my LIST.

got to go . Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »
Great pics Bernie. Looks like a great time all around. Great donation Don!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
Thanks, all. My pleasure. Whitney, huh? well leave it to me to get at least one name wrong - don't know how I wandered that far off though - at least they both start with a "W"    :rolleyes:      :goldtooth:  

I'll be looking for the pics, Don. (I told you not to take those pics of the nekkid local natives cavorting in the dells    "[dntthnk]"   )

(Uh-oh, John - now you done it   :eek:  )
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
Thats the second prestigious list I've made this week. My wife has got the first list. (LOL)

Great job Bernie. Looks like the hunt came together like clock work.

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
Good Stuff! Thanks for sharing with us Bernie...
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
There was no mention of alligator stew back when the auction was going on or Michael would've had to pay even more dearly for this trip.

Looks like a great time!
Don't believe em Biggie!!!!!!!! The food sucked. Cory was having an off weekend. Your cooking would have been better than his.   :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

You just worry about those cookies. I'll take care of Don's hunt this year............
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
:biglaugh:  (for both John and Mike)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
Sunny Hill Archer is always the first to take of the St. Judes Kids!!! It is an honor to host him on these events! Congratd on another successful venture.
  Really glad to see photo's of Cory- I wasn't sure what he looked like anymore- yes that a jab Mattson!!!!!
  This Batman fella is gettin around all of the sudden! Almost as well known as Biggie now!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by Marty:
  Really glad to see photo's of Cory- I wasn't sure what he looked like anymore- yes that a jab Mattson!!!!!

Boy ain't that the truth! Last time I saw Cory he had black hair!

Michael ol buddy, YOU need the cookies more than I do...that NC turkey hunt should be experienced by someone else this time...assuming Batman offers it again!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
Good friends, good food and good fun... Just don't get any better than that!!  Thanks everybody invloved!!
  :clapper:    :clapper:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
Great story and pic's....thanks for sharing!
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
Mike certainly is cheerful and pleasureable to be around, as well as competent in general. He also can redily add a story or two to the campfire lore.

Black hair on Corey, huh, Biggie? Maybe he should shave it now, like I do - LOL Although if mine would get white or a  nice  gray I might let it grow.

Thanks Doug and oneshot.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to confess that I really outdid myself on forgetting things at home this time (a well-known failing of mine). I forgot my own personal Wing Bone Call (maybe why I didn't see any birds - they knew I wasn't properly prepared), my rainsuit (good it didn't rain 'til Sun. AM), my Thermacell (that I always say I'll never go in the woods without again down here - Corey loned me his one evening and thankfully the other times weren't that bad), and finally, my unscented underarm deoderant (makes it hard to take Marine Corps showers   :D  )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Larry Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing -- this was great!
TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
It is amazing how much extra stuff you end up having to do just by taking a day off.....

Anyway. Woods and I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time. Ever since our season started he kept asking me"when are we going to North Carolina?"
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
We had been trying all season to get one. Finally last Saturday we pulled it off. I texted Don a pic and told him the pressure was off. Woods had done it. Don being Don said no the pressure was not off. Woods needed to kill a North Carolina bird. So Don and Woods hunted together all weekend. And they got it done.

Billy Ellis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
We had a great time. Cory's food was awesome. And Biggie, Woods wants to know when he can hunt with Mr. Don again........ I'll let you figure out the rest.

Billy Ellis

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
Good times for a great cause!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Michael, I won't buck the kids.....I will run it up on you a little bit though 8-)

You sure that's not just a ruse?????
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©