3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Great Brunner Story  (Read 12552 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Great Brunner Story
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Nighthawk, Well how does that explain his head, then? I've got one just like his, and its always in full sun and NOTHIN' grows there. I think your theory is all wet.     :goldtooth:
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  Oh Man my sides hurt!!!

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
Paul--Defend yourself man,the Gang is getting rowdy------Bone

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
Too Short,
  Tell the people about your Size 5 ostrich skin cowboy boots that are now two different colors...

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Ray,

Not my theory , but if it was then I have to conclude   :help:   that maybe it's because Gene usally wears a hat outside, so the sun doesn't get through. Not saying anything but when I had my bariatric surgery the doctor told me that I would gain an inch for every ten pounds I lost, so see things do grow in the sun    :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
:biglaugh:
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »
Ray,

Most people agree  that Barrys the better looking one, out of the two  :wavey:    :wavey:
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
That's it!!!  5:30 in the morning and I wake up to see THIS?  The gauntlet has been thrown down!

Some years back, I went to a seamstress and had a dental mirror put into a leg wrap, complete with velcro for adjustment.  Sort of like a garter, if you get my drift.  I presented it to Gene on stage at the PBS gathering, in front of hundreds of people.  It was cool...  Gene hadn't seen his "Hydraulics" in years and he was now all set.  

I asked him a couple of years later what he had done with it and he said he had thrown it out.  THEN...I asked Donna about it.  Aha!  Seems he kept it and all the velcro is just about worn off.  

The cowboy boots...Again, another PBS convention and I went into the men's.  Urnals were full (and way too high, anyway), so I went into a stall.  I'm standing there kind of humming a tune and I hear this splattering sound, followed by insane giggling.  I look down and someone in the next stall is pissing on one of my $600 Paul Bond Ostrich boots!  

When I walked out of the men's room, there were around 600 pairs of eyes glued to my one dark boot (and pant leg) and my light boot.  Just remember, Gene...  "Revenge is a meal that must be eaten cold!"

Floating the Moose John River with Gene was a REAL education.  Now most of the stuff that happened on that trip are not presentable here, but, TRUST ME, this man (using that term losely) is whacked out most of a 24 hour day.  

I HAVE PHOTOS!!!!  First, there is Gene in a T shirt that only comes down to the fat roll above his navel.  It says, "I choked Linda Lovelace!"  Of course, it was my shirt and he borrowed it.  It never fit again.  Then there is the photo of the Brothers Wensel Sumo wrestling!  Both had their Jockeys pulled tight into their bun cracks...or maybe they are always like that.

These are old time regular photos, but when I get back to Montana, I'm going to have them scanned and see about putting them in this site somewhere.

More?  You bet, but I'm saving it for the next time I get in here.

Oh, yeah... Bob McMann was here and we went fishing together.  He's the guy who used to bring the Helle knives in to the country.  If he posts a photo of me with a sheep in a river, I was just helping the sheep get to shore.  It had been mired in the mud and instead of helping me free it, he took pictures.  Don't believe anything he tells you.  The sheep was way too tall for any of that to be true!

Too F. Short
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
To funny paul!   :biglaugh:
Semper Fi

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
"Then there is the photo of the Brothers Wensel Sumo wrestling! Both had their Jockeys pulled tight into their bun cracks...or maybe they are always like that."

Well...there are just some parts of bowhunting I can go without seeing, Mr. Brunner...   :scared:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Paul,

You been sheep hunting??? Ewe is baaaaaad  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
Paul,

You been sheep hunting? Ewe is baaaad  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
Paul you didn't put the sheeps hind legs into your 600.00 ostrich boots did you??

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
Too Short needs to tell us a few more facts. The tune he was humming in the urinal stall happened to be "I'm Singing In The Rain."
When he came out of the rest room, one boot was light tan and the other was a dark chocolate color. Priceless.....
Anyone who wears ostrich cowboy boots and a real wolverine fur coat in public needs watered down. I wonder if Jerimiah Johnson ever owned ostrich boots?

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
Is it true that Paul got thrown out of the Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt because the beagles kept tripping over him?  :confused:  

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Such abuse!!! No wonder he hides in a New Zealand Hobbit hole half the year  :)
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Offline TimDougan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Man this stuff is priceless i haven't laughed liked this in years. When these two guys walk down the street they look like the letter O with a period beside it like this. O. We all know witch one 2short is.TD.

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
I always knew folks from Montana didn't need a lot of words to get their point across...Paul, you are the man  :clapper:  
>>>Tim------->
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
pAUL AND THE SHEEP sounds BaHHHHHaaaaDDDDD   :wavey:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
Gene is prolly wearing rubber boots pretty regular lately.  :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©