3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Enjoying Art LaHa's Movie...  (Read 158 times)

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Enjoying Art LaHa's Movie...
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
I'm really enjoying Art LaHa's film on DVD, "No Land For The Timid", which arrived in the mail today from 3Rivers. I'm about halfway through, but it's too late to continue watching, and I need to sleep soon. So far, I've seen a lady bowhunter shoot a big moose with her recurve, and Art shoot a big brown bear with his bow (poor footage due to darkness I think, but still a magnificent record of history). There's also been a fair bit of rifle action, but at least they used thumpin' big calibres, which is something I get a kick out of. Anyway, it's a good film, but not for the squeemish. I highly recommend it.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Enjoying Art LaHa's Movie...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
Art LaHa was something else.  The consumate trickster.  I had the pleasure of hunting with Art during the fall of 1977.  Also hunting was an elderly but very spry Roy Case and his son.

Art had an unfortunate fire or two which took away much of his historical artifacts,  films, trophys etc.  It is a shame more people couldn't have met Art.
ChuckC

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Have the book about Art LaHa, didn't realize there was a video.  Might have to take a look see.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
Just watched it myself. Great film. 3Rivers sells it.

Offline Steve D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Art, he was heck of a guy, when I first met him way back in the 70's I mentioned to him " Art I heard you hunted with Fred Bear" vintage Art reply,"Son, you got that all wrong, Fred Bear hunted with me". He always treated me decent even took me back to one of his rooms and let me watch his movies for hours .

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©