3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: RER Bows  (Read 210 times)

Offline Bowhuntah

• Trad Bowhunter
RER Bows
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
Aloha Gang, I just picked up a 50# @ 28 58" Rivers Edge takedown recurve bow. I was just wondering what kind of set ups some of the other RER owners out there are running. Strings, arrows, and bow mount quivers. I draw 28"
Everybody loves archery... some just haven't tried it yet.

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: RER Bows
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
i shoot a rer arroyo 58"50@28 12 strand d97 string,full length gold tip 35/55's 200 grains up front.oh yeah,almost forgot,thunderhotn small fry quiver.  :D

Offline Bowhuntah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
Thanks Jesse. What is a good source for those strings. Oh yeah, and how do you like that quiver.

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
love the quiver.i ordered the string from chad at champion bowstrings.he's a sponsor.

Online Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
I have a RER 57" takedown recurve that is 48# @28".  Yes, it's really 57".  I emailed Kevin and asked why 57".  It turns out it is a one-off they made when they were developing their 56" model.  It is closer to the 58" that you have but has a riser like the 56".  Anyway, I only draw 27" and it shoots 520 grain cedars and 1916 aluminums very well.  It also shoots a 150 Heritage carbon with an 225 gr up front pretty well, but noticeably slower.  It has a skinny fast flight on it now but I'm ready for a new string.

Offline Bowhuntah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
I have always shot dacron so all this fast flight D97 stuff is greek to me. Guess I'll learn soon enough.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
Hi Dave,

The string currently on the bow is a fast flite. I was shooting Heritage 150's cut to 30" and a 50 grain brass insert and 145 grain points. It likes that arrow combo. If you need it a tad longer you could drop the point weight. On the quiver a Kanati strap on looks great on the bow and is functional. Rivers edge also has strings in stock for their bows that are d-97. Hope you are enjoying the bow.

Shawn

Offline Bowhuntah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Thanks Shawn!  I was thinking of going with a limb bolt style of quiver. Would the bow be considered standard limb bolt design?

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
Yes, it is a standard limb bolt design but one thing you might take into consideration is the distance between bolts on the short riser. Your spacing between the arrow gripper and the hood is going to be short. The strap on quiver or slide on will allow you a longer span and give more arrow support.

Offline Jacko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I have a 43# 62" Arroyo. I use a 14 strand TS1 string, shoot off the shelf and often use a Great Northern adjustable strap on Quiver. It performs beyond it's modest draw weight

regards Jacko
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.'"

-Charles Darwin

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
I have a 58" 3pc-T/D 40# @ 28", I draw 29" so its about 43-44#. I shoot Cedars that weight 525 gr and they fly great. I think I used to own Stinger's 57", we did a trade I think,that bow was FAST and liked a heavy arrow!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Mocsin1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
I've got a 54" Arroyo 57# @ 26" and love it. It flat smokes an arrow. Seems to be the fastest trad bow I have seen. I use a fast flight string shooting 55-75s 29" with 200gr up front. They fly like darts. Got to be the best short bow I've ever shot.

Offline Bowhuntah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
K Shawn I got the bow in the mail an hour ago, braced it just under 7.5, moved the nock up just a tad, waxed the string, drilled some holes in the riser for a Kwikee Kwiver, and headed out to the back yard to shoot a few Trad Lites. The first two arrows hit dead center right next to each other at 15 yds. I am happy as a clam. The bow is stunning to look at and a pleasure to shoot. I am of course kidding, I did not drill holes into the riser.   :thumbsup:

Offline Bowhuntah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
Are all RER bows a little on the heavy side or does it depend on the woods used?. I guess the fact that it's a takedown adds to the weight as well. I'm wondering now if a bow mounted quiver will make it a little too heavy.

Offline Jacko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
My RER is very light in the hand. Mass depends on the woods selected in the riser. I can't remember what wood mine has in the riser, something Red from Sth America is the most help I can be. I really like the Great Northern Bow Quivers as they are quite light and go on and off without drilling holes. The adjustable model even allows you to shift it on the riser to assist balance.Someone around the traps should have one for you to try and see if a bow quivers for you

regards Jacko
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.'"

-Charles Darwin

Online Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by ron w:
I have a 58" 3pc-T/D 40# @ 28", I draw 29" so its about 43-44#. I shoot Cedars that weight 525 gr and they fly great. I think I used to own Stinger's 57", we did a trade I think,that bow was FAST and liked a heavy arrow!
Yep, Ron that is your old bow.  It is fast and is going to be my primary treestand bow this year.  I think I traded you a Kimsha longbow for it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©