3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ACS CX 14 or 16" riser  (Read 173 times)

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
ACS CX 14 or 16" riser
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
Just wondering if anyone had any input on the ACS CX longbows riser length. I am wating to try one out but no one around here has one so I am trying to buy used I was just wondering if there was much of a difference between the two noticeable difference anyway right now I am shooting a dryad orion take down longbow I am not sure of the riser length but I like how it shoots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Online spotteddog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ACS CX 14 or 16" riser
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
14 aluminum  great riser

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
If Brianh sees this he can tell you first hand on this one. He is one of the two guys that shoots an ACS and they each have a different length riser. I will get a hold of him and tell him to give his insight. They are quiet bows and Brian shoots his very well.
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
Just depends on your preference.  The 16" riser is slightly heavier, longer sight window, overall longer bow.  I prefer to keep the mass weight down so I like the 14" better myself.  I would think the 14 would also be closer to your Orion, maybe a little heavier but close in length.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
thanks for the comments

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Call A&H and talk to Dan.  He can give you the best A vs. B advice.  H

Offline BrianH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
I have the 16" standard riser, and love it.  Friend of mine has the standerd 14" and because I shoot with more of a verticle bow, the small sight window on the 14 didn't float my boat.  My grip seems slightly larger, but it is still pretty small.  I debated for a long time on which riser to go with and I am glad I went with the longer one, just fits my style better.  I think you would be happy with either one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©