3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: youth arrows?  (Read 151 times)

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
youth arrows?
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
I'd like to pick up some shafts to build my boys (5 and 7) some arrows. What do you guys recommend? I'd like to make some woodies but have been thinking aluminums might be better for safety reasons or does it just not make a difference at 10 or 15 pounds draw weight. They want some arrows that look like daddy's. So I'll either wrap or dip the caps and put some cool color feathers on also.

Thanks for your help. Skippy

They are currently shooting some easton Jazz 1616's and they fly great but have no weight to them so they dont stick in 3-d's
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: youth arrows?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
for kids, i think carbons are the way to go - super durable, won't bend or break.  i'd look into the cheap pultruded shafts with outsert nocks, like carbon flash.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Are the aluminums flying straight? Seems like 1616's maybe a bit too stiff for them. For example, my son is currently using 1716's (Easton Platinum Plus) at a 27" draw on a 30# bow.

I know he used to use Jazz's all the way down into the 1214 sizes, which maybe more of what you are looking for.

I can not recall him ever having a problem with them sticking in a target.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
Ok so I'm thinking of sticking with aluminums which I get local pretty cheap but would like to look into the carbon shafts. Rob, Where can I find these? Any of our sponsors deal in these light shafts? Thanks again.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Zipperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
I got my kids some Goldtip youth carbons.  They're affordable and durable.  Good luck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©