3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bino Straps  (Read 326 times)

Offline anw0625

• Trad Bowhunter
Bino Straps
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
What are some good bino straps?  I am looking at the badlands, but looking for other input.  Thanks
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bino Straps
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
The one made by Nimrod is my favorite so far.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Jim Curlee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
Crooked Horn Oufitters

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
crooked horn
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline anw0625

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Thanks guys now trying to find a place to get them.
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Offline Dusty Nethery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
They sell Crooked Horn straps at my local Wal-Mart and Gander Mountain. The Crooked Horns are the only ones I've ever felt comfortable enough to shoot with while wearing.

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:50:00 AM »
I also like crooked horns bino cover. The strap keeps it on your chest but the cover holds it tight. Keed the strap tight, it cost me two deer with the string just knicking the binos!!

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
One more vote Crooked Horn.

D

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
I've used Crooked Horn on several elk hunts and the past 5-6 years deer hunting. I'm rarely without my binos so I wear them scouting, hunting, hiking etc. I really like the Crooked Horn and can't really say that the elastic has stretched out much. Recently I bought the Badlands Bino pack and will try it out. I liked that it protected the glass a bit better than the fleece cover I bought for the the Crooked horn system.

I try to shoot with the straps on also to hopefully work out any problems before they happen.
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
I see on the Wensel Bros. site that they are selling a rather unique looking starp. Haven't useed one, but they're worth a look. I use one from Cabelas and it's OK, but I'm not as endorsing as the Crooked Horn guys. Now I want to try that one.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Online Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
Mike Deppe from Woody Weights has one he makes from braided 550 cord.  I've never liked the various elastic models, but that is the best I've found so use them begrudginly.  I'm going to pick one of Mike's up at the next function I see him at.  It is a longer strap that you can tuck under your arm or behind you.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
I looked at the Nimrod website and checked out the "Bino-topia" suspender. Quite a few accessories available. I've not used one of these, but pretty interested.

http://www.nimrodpacks.com/n9.html

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
Don't know if they are still in business but Del Norte outdoors used to sell one by the name of the Optic Belt. I like it!  :thumbsup:
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
The Bino Vault by Badlands is a pretty neat outfit if you have a super expensive bino and don't want to expose them to scratches and the elements. It closes with a magnetic track system, no zippers/buttons. Has a hook at the bottom so you can hang your bow by the bow string when using the binos. There is also a pouch on the back for a water bladder, plus other small compartments on the inside for whatever. Oh, also comes with a lense cloth stored on the inside too. Also makes for a neat place to store your binos when not in use.
N/A

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©