3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wildest Question of the day ??  (Read 501 times)

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
Wildest Question of the day ??
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »
This Saturday there is a Trad shoot that I want to go to,but our Company picnic is the same day and my son wants to go(it's at at waterpark).So we're going to do both. My question is ; Would our Longbows be OK in my Surburban(with tinted rear windows)in the heat which is supposed to be in the mid 80's. I have a PVC longbow case complete with caps on both ends. I was thinking about wrapping the case in a well insulated sleeping bag also. Would I have any problems with heat ?? Any other ideas ????
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wildest Question of the day ??
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
As long as your bow is not strung, it should be ok.  I'm not sure what the temp of a heat box is, but I'm quite sure it's a lot higher than your Suburban would be and (I've heard) as long as the temp does not exceed the heat box temp, you will be fine. Leave a window down just a bit to allow the heat to escape.

Think about it...When you ship/receive a bow from USPS or UPS in the summer, their trucks are much hotter than 100 degrees.

Just my $.02 worth.

Go and enjoy.  Spend time with your Son.  That's much more important than a bow shoot anyway... unless he goes with you.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by D. Key:

Go and enjoy.  Spend time with your Son.  That's much more important than a bow shoot anyway... unless he goes with you.
He's a shooter too  :thumbsup: . He took 3rd place in his division last year at the same event,but the thoughts of waterslides and wavepools is overwhelming his brain.So we made a compromise.....we'll go to the picnic and then on to the shoot.  :D    :D

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Not that Doug is necessrily wrong, but keep in mind the outside temp will NOT be the temp of your truck inside...take precautions.  I'd say you will be safe BUT, park in the shade (if possible), use/buy a sun reflection shield for the window, unstring the bow, wrap it in a sleeping bag or blanket...80 outside could be a 120 inside in the sun, maybe more...who knows...

Take some precautions and have fun doing both...sounds like time VERY well spent.

Offline Blue Moose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
Hey, Tony: What shoot are you going to Saturday? The Lofton? TM

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Blue Moose:
Hey, Tony: What shoot are you going to Saturday? The Lofton? TM
YEP

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »
Ya know what yua can do also, fill two cooler with ice and put some plastic bags over the ice than leave the cooler open and lay your bow(unstrung) in the PVC tube across them and cover the whole sha-bang witgh a white blanket or towels and park in the shade. It will be fine this way I am sure! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©