3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowyers and Patience - Impressive  (Read 407 times)

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bowyers and Patience - Impressive
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
I have ordered only a few custom bows, and I gotta say the bowyers I have worked with have, without a doubt, had to bite their tongues  at times.  With all of my changing woods, asking questions, making sure of little details, changing woods, asking when it will be done, changing woods......

I am currently on board with Chuck at Two Tracks, and he is patient thats for sure, thanks Chuck...another PM on its way....   :D      :eek:  

Thanks to all bowyers who work with us through the process of our custom orders   :notworthy:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowyers and Patience - Impressive
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Muleyslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
God Bless the bowers. I ordered a 55# one-piece recurve and changed it to a 62# recurve then ended up with a 53# td. longbow, and I wont waste your time on how many recurve and longbow combos I went threw. I even changed my order Sunday before Lynn  was to work on my bow, he said "whatever you want"; and said it politely, as a business man I would of sent the maffia to my door. Over&under  what would we do without these great craftsman? Thanks Lynn, great bows! (Got one for the boy too) and thanks for being patient.
"LUCK"
When preparation meets opportunity

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
I couldn't agree more with whats already been said on this post. The ones I've dealt with have all been great, couldn't have been any nicer.
bolong

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
I think Dave Beeler must have the patience of Job. It's all I can do to keep from calling him and asking if I am close to having my Tracker in the making, close to being completed, or what stage of production it is in. Oh well, I guess it will be here when it gets here no matter how much I want to know. In truth, if I kept bothering Dave about such matters when would he have time to work on my bow. It is kind of self defeating to call or e-mail him. Now I know I feel better and can hang on a little longer.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
I have been blessed to deal with excellent craftsmen of impeccable character. The professionalism that I have seen in them is only matched by their artistry and exacting attention to detail in the completion of their work. Love of archery and pride in their work make the finished bow a thing of practical beauty. Tack on modern materials and tooling, and the aggregated knowledge of centuries of archery, and you have to appreciate just how lucky we are.

These are the good old days.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Well stated as usual Killie!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
Very, very true. All the changes, all the questions, this and that... a bowyer has to put up with a little bit of everything.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
I have been reluctant to make any further contact with the bowyer where I have an ordered a very special longbow, his #2 Classic. I fear the worst, he'll just send my deposit back and say "forget it!" or at the very least maybe move the build date back on his list.

I didn't handle myself that way with Mike(Maddog Bows) I feel blessed he didn't say "forget it!", "life's too short!". I'm thinking maybe he should be put up for "Patron Saint of Patience".

Thanks for listening to my fears and confessions.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
I agree with above posts and would like to add its nice to see a positive post about bowyers in general, this site is full of good people who rarely complain and criticize so its not uncommon to see the positive posts just nice to see them.

Bill
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
I have often wondered how many bowyers work at a full time job and make bows on the side as additional income. Working a full time job along with family responsibility, not to mention a personal need for time away from everything, must have an effect on bow production. I, like huntindad agree that these bowyers deserve to be addressed in a postive manner and that more patience on my part would be a greater virtue.

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by RonD:
I have often wondered how many bowyers work at a full time job and make bows on the side as additional income. Working a full time job along with family responsibility, not to mention a personal need for time away from everything, must have an effect on bow production. I, like huntindad agree that these bowyers deserve to be addressed in a postive manner and that more patience on my part would be a greater virtue.
I'm with you Nathanael over at Bama is probably ready to kill me!

There are some really great people making really great stuff out there. We are very fortunate.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Daniel G. Banting

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »
Here in Canada we have been blessed with a gentleman/bowyer by the name of Marc Moriez. A number of years ago after having my beloved BW fracture through the riser (no fault of the bows) I asked Marc to build me a pair of bows as closely matched as possible as I never wanted to go through being without a bow again!! While Marc was building the bows I asked whether he would have a look at an old Dale Dye bow that I had bought used at Denton. The Dye bow had a horizontal crack right through the riser at the throat and could not be shot. Marc took that bow and made two semi circular cuts in the riser essentially cutting it in two. He then splice in two pieces of black phenolic and completely refinished it. The bow looked brand new and shot like on as well. When I asked Marc about the cost he just said "don't worry about that, I just wanted to see if I could do it". He didn't charge me a dime!! A while later I contacted him regarding him making me a short recurve for turkey hunting. A few months later he sent me a beautiful custom 52" recurve. Unfortunately the bow arrived just as I was out of a job and going through a serious marital issue. When I told Marc I would have to send the bow back he said "please keep it and I hope things get better in the future for you". I have never met Marc personally but I can only say he is one of the finest men I have never met. I am lucky to know him.

Regards,
Daniel Banting
If I keep my level of appreciation higher than my level of expectation, I have a good day.
Ray Wiley Hubbard

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
Daniel

That IS impressive!     :clapper:
TGMM

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Vince at MOHAWK   :wavey:    :archer:    :archer2:

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
I know Toelke got his patience and "pseudo-english" tested some months ago! Next it's Jim Neaves' turn, but from what I've heard, he's patient enough ^^
Then Big Jim, Vince and J.D Lund ^^
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
Steve Turay at Northern Mist was very patient with me. I called him four times and each time he was very nice and was as fired up as I was about making changes. My bow should be here this week. Thanks Steve.
We are blessed to have so many great bow craftsmen.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Lets bring this back up   :thumbsup:
TGMM

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
I was wondering what happend to you Jake, I have not got a pm from you in almost 12 hrs.  :D  
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
My therapist has been working with me, and he said starting this thread was a good exercise for me to keep my mind off it....he has no idea what he is talking about....PM forthcoming..  :help:    :D
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©